Forty: Suite Discussions pt. 2

Thanks for sticking around during my break. I wrote all about that in the rant book so I won't have to explain here.

I do suggest going back and reading the last one or two chapters— it's been a minute :)

Sierra

I didn't end up talking to Reese like I planned to, I went to sleep and I assume he did the same.

That next morning though, him and I met for breakfast before the rest of his family got up. We figured everyone else would be sleeping for a while—the adults had a few too many drinks, and Noel spent the day running after toddlers.

"Noel told me a lot last night." I said to Reese, who was so focused on his waffles he'd hardly said a thing to me.

For some reason her words wouldn't leave my mind.

"Like..?"

"Stuff about her...her life."

He looked up at me.

"You just took a serious tone. I don't like that."

"Reese, she told me her boyfriend hit her."

He put his fork down.

"She shared that with me...but she said she broke up with him, so..maybe it'll be okay."

"Well number one, she didn't break up with him, and number two, why wouldn't you tell someone?"

"She asked me not to."

"But still-"

"Sierra. You're not gonna like what I'm about to say, and I don't know how it's going to sound,"

"Tyreese-"

"It's our vacation. I care a lot about Noel, you know I do. But please, can we spend a couple of days...not..worrying? Isn't that what this was all about?"

"How could I not worry about something like this? She's a kid!"

"So are you! So am I...alright? The moment we get home, I'll talk to Eden. My parents have enough on their plate already. But us? You and I? We're out of this." He sighed.

"How..can you just be out of it?"

"It sounds selfish Sie, but I'm making a choice for my peace right now. Something you should maybe practice as well."

"I just..want her to be okay. I thought you would too."

"I want her to be okay, and she will be. Eden, and whoever else needs to be involve will make sure of that. But right now, what can we do?"

"I don't know.."

"I'll tell you. We can go hiking, or swimming, or whatever else you'd enjoy. Something that makes you happy."

"You sure...?"

"I'm sure. It'll be okay for right now, let's enjoy ourselves."

I guess I can try.

Reese «

I held Sierra's hand as we walked alongside the loud river. It was still pretty early in the morning, and I figured that the fun stuff could wait until later, right now we were just enjoying our time.

"When do you wanna trade journals again? I enjoyed reading yours." I told her.

"We can trade back whenever. You wrote some...interesting things. Some of it was hard to write a response to."

"Like what?"

"Like...when you said...you wanted to..."

"To...what? Jog my memory." I said, knowing exactly what she was talking about.