Thirty Three: Straighten

you may be wondering, "why can't you update consistently? why you be procrastinating with updates?"

and all I have to say to that is, stay out of grown folks business before I take that phone.

Sierra «

"You think he's still mad?" Aisha asked me at lunch.

For the first time since we'd been friends, Reese sat at another table...far away from me.

"Uh..probably."

"Maybe you should have...texted him or s-"

"You guys told me to ignore him, Aisha!"

"I know but- I know. I just feel kind of bad for him. It seems like he was really worried about you.."

"I get that. But that doesn't mean he needed to act like a jerk this morning."

From across the lunchroom, I noticed Reese get up from his seat— and leave the table.

"Where's he going?"

Reese «

After getting pissed at Sierra this morning, I decided to sit with some of my old basketball friends at lunch.

I didn't plan on hitting her with the 'silent treatment'...but at least for right now, I need some space.

"Been a while since you chilled with us. You're usually all up under your lil bestie. She bad though, so I don't blame you." The captain, Wendell said.

"Bro chill, I think that's his girl now." Another guy said.

"Deadass?? You hit that yet?"

Annoyed with the banter, I got up from the table and began to walk away.

I need space from everyone.

As I left the loud cafeteria, I found myself making my way directly to my mom's classroom. I didn't want to involve her in this drama (especially with the trip rapidly approaching us) but I needed to get some of this out.

Once I arrived to her empty classroom, I didn't even speak before I sat down in a desk.

"Reese, why aren't you in lunch?" She sighed from her computer.

"Sierra— she's— I don't like how she's acting."

"I could tell there was something off. What happened between you two?"

"Her and these girls. They're like...changing her. She ignored me all night..remember I was so worried-"

"Is she changing, Reese? Or does she have more friends other than you now?"

"It's not that I just want her to myself. That was wrong what she did!"

"I agree. That was wrong of her to ignore you, and I feel horrible that you were in so much distress over it. But Reese...you have to cut her some slack. Her whole world was basically turned upside down. She just wanted to talk to her girl friends-"

"But mom-"

"I know, I know. She should consider how you feel. But consider her circumstances, alright?"

"Alright..."

"Let's talk more at home. Go on back to lunch...you only have a few minutes."

Once lunch had ended, I made my way to my math class. Aiden hadn't shown up to school today, so I was on my own.

As my teacher spoke, I scrolled around on my phone out of boredom. It was then I noticed a text from Sierra.