Five: Wendy's

thanks for 1k / this book is growing quickly 😳

Reese «

"Aiden, are you joining us for dinner?" My mom asked Aiden, who was still chilling at my house after leaving school.

"I'd love to, but I gotta go pick up my sister. She's over at Sierra's house."

"Well I made plenty...I'll send you with a plate." My mom said returning to the kitchen.

"I'm tryna wife her." Aiden mumbled.

"Nigga."

"What?"

"Nigga.."

"You right, that was outta pocket." Aiden laughed.

"Man whatever. Aye, you said your picking up Aisha from Sierra's house, right?"

"Yeah I said that shit like ten seconds ago-"

"Look. Check on her, okay?"

"Check on Sierra? Why?"

"I can't explain it. I'm feeling like..something is off man. You know what I'm saying?"

"Nah I don't."

"Like..I haven't heard from her since school ended. It's been hours."

"I thought she goes missing like that often."

"Not for this long. I'd usually get a quick text or something. I'm just saying, if you're going to be at her house..make sure she straight."

"Maybe she's mad at you. Girls get silent when they're mad. Why you gotta assume she's in some type of danger-"

"I didn't say it's danger. I just want to make sure she's good. Report back when you find out, alright?"

"Alright man."

-

Sierra «

"They control how I dress, how I wear my hair, what books I read, who I talk to, what I eat..everything."

Aisha already saw so much, to the point where I found myself confiding in her. She'd be the first person to know about any of this, and I wasn't even sure I could trust her..but right now, it feels good to let it out.

"What you eat? Sierra that's horrible."

"It is..because I got in such bad trouble for that stain, I probably won't get to eat until tomorrow morning."

"Sierra- how about this..," she began, whispering. "My brother is coming to pick me up in a little bit. I'll have him bring some food."

"My grandparents might find out-"

"We'll be slick, I promise. If I can sneak girls in and out of my house, you can sneak in a chicken sandwich."

"Aisha you don't have to do this.."

"I do. Don't worry about it either."

-

Soon, Aiden texted Aisha, letting her know he was outside. With permission from my grandparents, I was able to walk with her to the car.

She'd put me in a large oversized hoodie, so I could more discreetly hide the food in my jacket.

Once we got outside and approached the car, Aiden rolled down his window.

"Heyyy lil mama-"

"Aiden hush and give her the food." Aisha said, opening the car door.

"Aight Aight." He said, handing me a small Wendy's bag.