Twenty Nine: Settled

is it something in the air? what's up with all the arguments in the comments lol am I inciting violence? day be going smooth and then I get a comment notification like 'shut tf up hoe get a life you fucking weirdo"

Sierra «

"What do you think of my new room?" I asked Reese over FaceTime.

"I like it, your bed is huge. Lots of space for us."

"I'm not even gonna address that. I'm so excited for this new start..oh! And I'm also excited for the trip next weekend."

"I know right? Sierra I can't believe you've never been..."

"My grandparents never took me on vacations they went on. I've never really been anywhere-"

"Hey, hey, no more talk of your grandparents from now on. Now, it's about your new life, new home, and new pole."

"Stop mentioning that pole."

"Hey Sierra!" Cynthia called me from the living room.

"Reese I'm gonna call you right back, my aunt needs me."

"Hey hey hey, before you go...can I ask you something?"

"Sure.."

"Is it cool if..we don't tell my parents about us? I'd just prefer things that way."

"Oh...sure..but why?"

"I just- don't want my mom all in my business. Also, I prefer they assume everything is platonic. That gives them a reason to trust us to be alone."

"I guess you're right. We'll talk more about it later, right now I have to go."

"Alright, bye Sierra."

"Bye Reese." I said, hanging up the phone and going out into the living room.

There I met my aunt, in her full face of glamorous makeup and her long pin straight wig.

"I'm gonna head to work soon. Most nights I'd cook dinner first, but you can understand this evening was a little hectic. I'm leaving money for you to order food, I'll be gone for most of the night.. so you don't have to wait for me to get back before you go to bed."

"Alright...thanks."

"Also, you left this in the car." She said, handing me the box and envelope Reese's parents gave me earlier.

"Oh, I forgot about this."

"Ooh what is it?"

"I have no idea. Reese's parents gave it to me before I left. It's some type of gift."

"I think it's really cute that you're so close to that boy's family. You two are inseparable."

"Yeah I guess we are." I laughed.

"Mmhmm. One question. You two knocking boots?"

"Huh? No!"

"I'm not like my uptight mother. I'm not trying to invade your privacy or overstep, I'm just making sure you know I have your back. If you're having sex, I want to be certain you're doing it safely."

I remember feeling like I couldn't talk to anyone about what I'd done with Reese, it's actually one of the reasons it was eating me up inside.

"We didn't have sex, but ....something happened." I muttered shamefully.

"You sound unhappy saying that. Was what happened consensual?" She said, looking concerned.

"Yeah, of course. Reese didn't push me at all. I just felt...really really awful afterward."