Twelve: Keep Up

Sierra «

We walked into the home, instantly being blasted with loud music.

It appeared that the entire house was packed, with people dancing and laughing.

"I thought you said it wasn't a party party!" I said over the music.

"That's what I thought too." He laughed.

"This is a lot Reese.."

"It's fine, don't worry. You wanna dance with m-"

Before he finished, I noticed a short girl rushing up to us.

When she got closer, I realized it was Hazel.

"Sierra! This party is crazy! Nothing like the ones from camp." Hazel laughed innocently.

"Woah you made it! I wanna introduce you to my friend, Reese." I said, gesturing to a quiet Reese next to me.

"Hi Reese...I'm Hazel." She said shyly.

"Nice to meet you Hazel." He said to her.

"There you all are." I heard another voice.

I see Garret walk up to us, dressed in a black turtle neck with gold chain. I could barely make out the rest of his ensemble, but I know he looked good.

"Hey Garret." I smiled.

"Oh shit Nick, you're here." Reese chuckled.

"Pleasure seeing you too, Reese. Why you all just standing around? You wanna go dance Sierra?" He said, with his hand brushing up against my waist.

Dance...

"Uh sure.." I said reluctantly. "Reese do you mind?"

"Not at all..go ahead Sie."

Reese «

"So then I told Reverend O'Donald, 'that is NOT my job.'"

Hazel was on her third story about church camp, and despite never really being into drinking..I was craving some type of alcohol so I could bare another one.

"Damn, that's wild." I said, forcing a laugh.

"Aww Reese. You look so unhappy." She frowned.

"I'm great, don't worry."

There was something frustrating about getting ready for this party with Sierra all day, just for her to leave me as soon as we arrived. Although I wasn't exactly thrilled with sitting in the stairs just talking to Hazel, I didn't have the heart to leave her alone.

"Just making sure..I hope I'm not boring you."

"Of course not babe... but uh what do you like to do? Maybe outside of church?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"I promise."

"Well...most people think it's boring, but I love crocheting."

"Crocheting? Like knitting?" I chuckled.

"You said you wouldn't laugh...but yeah, it's pretty fun to me. My grandmother taught me how. Now I make things like scarves, hats, blankets- I'm sorry. I'm boring."