Chapter 1: Prologue

Credits:

Steven Universe was created by Rebecca Sugar.

Batman was created by Bob Kane.

Arkham Series by Rocksteady.

Story inspired and written by me.

Hello! Whether you're here because I invited you, found this in your reccomend feed, or you're a fan of Steven Universe and/or Batman, welcome! Please don't discard this story immediately.

This is one of those stories where I take a leap of faith since I don't see a lot of Batman and Steven Universe stories. The last Batman/Steven Universe story I made was about Batman's story, but this is about Steven's story. This is also an AU (alternative universe) for both Batman and Steven.

So, I'll tell you the changes and what has happened so far in both stories.

Steven Universe:

• Steven is 14.
• The Cluster is bubbled by Steven and won't emerge and destroy the Earth.
• Peridot is a Crystal Gem.
• Lapis is a Crystal Gem.
• Jasper is defeated.
• Bismuth was unbubbled but re-bubbled by Steven.
• Greg is rich (received $10,000,000.00 by his former manager, Marty).
• Uncle Andy has met Steven and the Gems.

AU changes:

• Steven and Connie are just friends (no romance between them).
• The Diamonds are shruken down to a normal height (like 6 ft or more).
• The Diamonds' powers can affect humans as well (except Yellow Diamond's).

Batman Arkham City:

• Years after the Night Before Christmas Eve (Arkham Origins).
• 15 months after the night Joker took over Arkham Asylum.
• After Arkham City closing.

AU changes:

• Assault on Arkham is not canon to this (I don't like that movie).
• Hugo Strange never had Bruce Wayne arrested.
• Arkham City and Protocol 10 are authorized by the government.
• Protocol 10 was initiated and Batman couldn't stop it.
• Most (or all) of Batman's enemies are dead.
• Hugo Strange doesn't know Batman's identity.
• Gotham doesn't need Batman anymore after Arkham City closed

So, that's what's different about the stories. How does Batman meet Steven? Well, first, I needed to give Batman a reason to leave Gotham, he wouldn't willingly leave Gotham unless he had to in order to protect it or if he knows it would be safe.

For those who haven't seen/played Arkhan City, there's a place in Gotham where there's walls that takes up a chunk of the city. Inside that place are perpetrators and all criminal element locked away from society. The whole point of the place was to capture all of those who disregard the law, from small time criminal to super villian, and kill them all.

Of course Batman wouldn't allow it since it was unlawful and unauthorized. But in this story, it was. Batman also got poisoned by the Joker and the illness was temporarily cured for him all the way to Arkham Knight. But since Batman wasn't put in Arkham City, he didn't got poisoned and he lives.

And since Gotham City has the criminal element wiped clean and any remaining law breaker has fled Gotham or retired from crime, Batman isn't needed anymore. This sounds familiar to the plot of Steven Universe Future, but Bruce won't be like Steven. Bruce would enjoy the time of a peaceful city until he gets something in the mail.

So, here's the start of the story:

3rd Person P.O.V.

Beach City

Ever since Steven's dad got rich, Steven asked Greg to get cable on the TV and he gladly got cable. Steven was channel surfing until he stumbled upon a channel that got his attention. It was a channel called "Gotham Gazette."