Chapter 28: Mindfulness

3rd Person P.O.V.

He's still on his knees, until he eventually stands up.

Joker: I'm merely there, Bats. I'm getting stronger the closer it gets to morning. It won't be long now until I'm in control. Just think of the fun we'll have. Brains. Brawn. Brutality! The full package! We'll have Homeworld and Gotham at our mercy! Y'know what the best part is? You'll be there with me, every step of the way. I don't know about you, pal, but I can hardly wait!

He looks around to see that no one is around, no gem is here anymore, they all left. He goes downstairs to search for clues about what they're doing next.

The Palace:

The door opens up and White's face perked up, expecting Wayne to show up. It's Yellow.

(Blue Diamond) Yellow, where have you been?

(Yellow Diamond) Dismantling the checkpoints.

(White Diamond) Have you seen Wayne? I need him to see him.

(Yellow Diamond) He's after the leaders of the rebellion. He'll bring them back to us.

(White Diamond) Oh, I need to find him before it's too late.

(Yellow Diamond) Why?

(White Diamond) I can't tell you.

(Yellow Diamond) Why not?

(White Diamond) He told me not to.

She can't tell them, he asked her not to. And they wouldn't be able to handle or understand what's going on with him.

(Yellow Diamond) Why? Is it a serious problem?

(White Diamond) It will be if I don't get to him.

(Yellow Diamond) He's bound to come back sooner or later.

White sits down in her chair to calm down. She read Wayne's mind and she saw all the horrendous things the clown did when he was alive. Here's a handful:

• Hired eight assassins after the head of Batman.
• Set up bombs that wired to explode skyscrapers.
• Broke out of his cell multiple times.
• Completed a formula that turns humans into hulking monsters.
• Poisoned himself with the same formula only to lose the fight against Batman.

And that's not even the tip of the iceberg. There's more horrifying things he's done. Imagine what he'll do with the body of Wayne.

She shuddered at the mere thought.

(Yellow Diamond) How's Pink?

(Blue Diamond) Worse. She won't come out.

(Yellow Diamond) Oh, dear.

(White Diamond) We tried everything but she continues to sob, not that it's unreasonable of her to do so.

(Blue Diamond) I was the same when I heard Pink was shattered.

(Yellow Diamond) I'll be right back out there momentarily. I came back to rest. I have no idea where he might be.

(White Diamond) Perhaps he's at--

She thought of something.

(White Diamond) Have you checked Central Tower?

(Yellow Diamond) No. Why?

(White Diamond) It seems like an obvious spot for the rebellion to have their main base at. Think of it, they're at the tower that can see most of the structures in Homeworld. All the checkpoints can be seen from there.