Chapter 11: Star Fugitives

3rd Person P.O.V.

9 days after Pink Diamond returned to Earth.

Steven had received a tape from Batman. It's a tape from his suit camera that was dated two days ago. Steven, Pink, and Greg watched it.

Steven knew who the Riddler is and had to explain him to Pink. They found his constant self praise annoying and his overconfident insults to Batman even more annoying. Pink watched in awe how Batman is capable is performing acts that seem beyond what the average man is capable of doing.

The three of them laughed and wheezed when Batman yanked Riddler from the floor and forced him to walk around, thinking he'll die if he stopped. It was poetic justice. Pink enjoyed laughing along with her husband and son, she enjoyed doing anything with them.

Reading, singing, walking, anything activity that the three of them could do together. Pink felt very bad when she heard that Batman didn't have a mother or father growing up. He spent most of his life preparing to become something that nobody else probably could become.

She was glad to hear that Alfred is his father figure, at least he has someone to see when he comes home. Steven and Pink wish to see what Batman's home is, especially since he's rich. Although, how they would get there is something they don't know yet.

Gotham is only a state or two away, but the traveling there would be very long using a car. The Batwing gets Batman there within minutes, but it's not possible for everyone to go with him on a single trip. Maybe one day Steven would build a Warp Pad in Gotham or in Wayne Manor to be a fast travel.

But they would need his permission and he probably may not want a Warp Pad in Gotham, because any gem could get in Gotham and that would be trouble if they roam around. Today, Steven wakes up to see Pink and Greg enjoying some coffee.

(Pink Diamond) Oh, Steven! I'm glad you've awaken! It's been too long.

(Steven) It was only for eight hours, Mom.

(Pink Diamond) Too much time away from you.

(Greg) I only got five hours of sleep because she's too excited.

(Steven) Mom, you've been here with us for nine days, shouldn't you be calmed down by then?

(Pink Diamond) Time for gems are really fast, especially as a Diamond.

(Steven) I know. But still, nine days is enough, right?

(Pink Diamond) Nope. There can never be a time where I don't miss my family.

(Steven) It's not about not seeing us again, it's more about space. Being patient is a virtue.

(Pink Diamond) Sorry, I'm just so happy to be back!

(Greg) So are we. But we can't stay awake for all eternity like you. It'd be nice, though.

(Steven) Bruce can stay awake longer than us. He's used to be awake a long time and sleeping for a short time, too. I kinda wish Bruce lived here in Beach City.

(Greg) I think he's happy where he is. And if he moves to Beach City, I would no longer be the richest man.

They saw a ship landing on the beach. Steven, Greg, and Pink go outside to investigate this matter. Steven saw someone who looked familiar.

(Steven) (gasp) Lars!

He rushed to him and hugged him.

(Lars) Whoa, hold on, I just stepped foot on this planet.

(Steven) You look... different. Is that a cape? Where did you get those clothes?

(Lars) I found them. Come meet my crew.