3rd Night

Chapters:

Chapter 25: Homeworld's Defense
Chapter 26: Consequences
Chapter 27: Checkpoint
Chapter 28: Mindfulness
Chapter 29: Showdown

Start:

3rd Person P.O.V.

Homeworld:

A riot ensued. Though, it was short lived since it took place near the Palace. Yellow put a stop to it.

The leader is some sort of pearl that no one has ever seen before. She has long finger nails that are practically claws, sharp teeth, black eyes with white pupils and the gem itself is black and on her chest. She surrendered almost without a fight when the other rioters were dealt with.

She's being held in an interrogation room.

(Yellow Diamond) Why did you start the riot? Why would you even start it near the Palace?

(Pearl) I won't tell you anything until I talk to the Batman.

(Yellow Diamond) That's not how this works.

(Pearl) Then, I won't talk.

Yellow sighed.

(Yellow Diamond) Fine.

She went to the door.

(Yellow Diamond) He'll be here soon.

She left. For just a second, she saw a shadow towering over her and it had horns on it's head. Her head was slammed on the table.

(Pearl) (groans) Never start with the head, the victim gets fuzzy. Then, they can't feel the next--

[THWACK]

His fist was slammed down on her hand.

(Pearl) See?

(Batman) What do you want?

(Pearl) I wanted to talk to you. The best way to get your attention was starting trouble.

(Batman) What?

(Pearl) Your alliance with the Diamonds is a mistake.

(Batman) Why do you say that?

(Pearl) The Diamonds aren't trustworthy. This whole Era-3 is all but a little game to them, White especially. You ever wonder why the Diamonds are testing you? To wonder why they insist on you being a part of the Diamond Authority?

He didn't answer.

(Pearl) I'll tell you why. They don't just need you to make them look good, they don't want you to be a threat. They'll wait until you die, which will maybe happen later tonight, and they'll reestablish Era-2. Or, they'll kill you themselves. Either way, as long as you're here, they'll play along.

(Batman) That's not true. They were desperate for Pink, that's the whole reason why they changed their ways just to get her back.

(Pearl) Maybe. But after she came back, they'll know just how to keep her on Homeworld permanently. You just can't admit that they won't change, can you?

(Batman) What makes you think they haven't changed?

(Pearl) I've seen it happen before. They act like they've changed, but they'll determine when enough's enough. I'll show you that the Diamonds haven't changed before the night is over.

(Batman) Good luck doing that when you're in a cell.

(Pearl) I should be wishing you luck.