Chapter 27: Checkpoint

3rd Person P.O.V.

Yellow just got sent of the other checkpoints of the rebellion whose spread around Homeworld. She took up the offer that was given to her, although, it may be more difficult than expected, for her at least. She isn't experienced to hand-to-hand combat as much as the Batman is.

She normally uses her sword, but it's broken, and she never really looked for a new one. The one she had was a gift from White. And she had it for thousands and thousands of years, only for it to be broke by a mortal in a costume.

She contacted him and asked if he assisted with her on the checkpoints. Afterall, it would be easier for him too, she noticed he didn't sound normal. If she didn't knew better, he sounds depressed, displaying some emotion.

It was surprising to hear him sound like that. No doubt it's from the death of Steven. She hoped he's okay.

Physically speaking, anyway. She climbs up to the top of the structure he's on. It's hard because she doesn't have a grapple unlike him.

(Yellow Diamond) I'm here.

She made herself present. She walked to him.

(Yellow Diamond) Where's the checkpoint?

(Batman) Over there.

He points. She noticed they're moving stuff in boxes.

(Yellow Diamond) How do we approach this?

(Batman) We strike when the time is right. You'll know it when you see it.

She waits right next to him. She watched as his eyes, trying to read him. He's eyes are focused on the checkpoint, nothing else, until he caught her eyes looking at his which made her look away.

(Yellow Diamond) Do you... want to talk about it?

(Batman) No.

(Yellow Diamond) Very well...

The silence was very awkward and agonizing for her. She hoped this opening would happen soon. The opening happened and they both went for it.

Batman grabbed a rebel and body slammed her, Yellow was surprised by this. He's not pulling his punches this time, that's good, right? As long as he doesn't shatter them.

Theres rubies, amethysts, and rose quartz. Yellow realized why theres some rose quartz here. They didn't join the rebellion because of wanting to restart Era-2, they did it out of vengeance against their wrongful treatment of discrimination when Pink Diamond took the identity of a rose quartz.

They suffered for no reason. Some of them took notice of Yellow Diamond, the very Diamond who bubbled them away, and charged at her. Ignoring Batman, the rose quartz chose to attack Yellow while Batman was busy with the rubies and amethysts.

(Rose Quartz Rebel) You!

One of them snarled bitterly.

(Rose Quartz Rebel #2) Oh, look who it is, the Diamond who bubbled us.

They had spears.

(Rose Quartz Rebel) Where's your sword?

One of them asked mockingly.

(Rose Quartz Rebel #3) Oh, that's right, it broken you're defenseless without it.

Yellow held her fists up, not caring that she can fight properly or not. One of them tried jabbing a spear at her but Yellow pushed it away and kicked her. She grabbed the spear and made the rose quartz hold it horizontal and tried pushing her.