2nd Night

Chapters:

Chapter 16: Riddle Me This
Chapter 17: Notes

They're technically in the same day/night.

3rd Person P.O.V.

1 year after Pink Diamond returned to Earth

Beach City has progressed ever further with Little Homeworld near it. Gems and humans have upgraded a few buildings to be stronger and to hold when natural disasters happen like Earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. Steven and Pink are correctly celebrating the one year anniversary of her return.

The Diamond Authority has yet to be in need of Batman's uses, most expected since they really wanted him to brag about to the other creatures that laughed at them. But there wouldn't be a need for Batman in Era-3, right? While the gems and Steven are happy all day, there's something else going on at night and someone else isn't very happy.

Gotham:

The city intercoms were activated by someone who isn't a city official. It even took over the television.

[TV] Riddle me this: Why would a Batman visit an abandoned orphanage?

(Alfred) Oh, dear.

(Moonlight) Eddie? It took him almost a year to show his face?

Bruce was paying attention to the TV now.

[TV] Oh, I know! It's because of what will happen to his feline friend if he doesn't get here in time. Shocked, Dark Knight? Stunned? You didn't expect this, did you? That is because you are no match for me, Edward Nigma, the Riddler and your intellectual superior. Did you think I would just forget our last meeting, Dark Knight? You HUMILIATED me! I know you will not beat me this time. It is utterly impossible. You cannot do it. I have already won. I will mock your attempts to solve my conundrums, I will stand triumphant over your bloodied corpse. And as the dim light fades for good in your tiny dullard's mind, you final thought will be how I bested you. Come to the orphanage, detective. Or she dies...

(Moonlight) Feline friend?

(Bruce) Catwoman.

(Moonlight) The thief? I thought she was in Arkham City.

(Bruce) She most likely escaped. And now Riddler has her.

(Moonlight) Since when did you and her become friends?

(Alfred) She often feeded him information about the other super-criminals during the time. And she isn't like them. She's just a thief. No schemes, tricks, plots, or a killer. And she certainly doesn't juggle vehicles for sport.

(Moonlight) Oh, c'mon. It's been like a year since I did that.

(Alfred) Nine months.

(Moonlight) Whatever.

Bruce went to put on the suit and he used the Batmobile to get to the orphanage.

At the orphanage:

Batman can see Catwoman tied to a chair and blindfolded.

(Catwoman) Batman? That had better be you and you had better be sorry.

Batman released her from the chair.

(Batman) Are you okay?

(Catwoman) Purrfect. What little girl doesn't dream of being bait for her strapping Dark Knight?

(Batman) We're leaving.

(Catwoman) You might be, but I'm not.

[Speaker] Ah, my contestants are finally here. Tonight, folks, we've got riddles galore. But first, let me introduce my beautiful assistants.