Chapter 18: Gotham City

Chapter inspired by Wattreader7389 in his Steven Universe story where it's a crossover with Iron Man and Captain America. I recommend reading if you're interested.

3rd Person P.O.V.

1 year and 1 week after Pink Diamond returned to Earth

Steven hasn't heard or seen the gem wearing the hood ever since he last saw her. He wondered where she could be. It's getting close to summertime in Beach City and the Universes could take a vacation.

Steven has already traveled to Empire City and it's not his go-to place in the moment. Keystone State is another one he doesn't want to go right now, mainly because he could never go back to that diner after Ruby destroyed the table. Where to go?

(Steven) Oh, why didn't I think of it sooner?!

(Pink Diamond) What?

(Greg) Have you decided where to go? I mean, we can go anywhere in the world, I got the money. Well, maybe not Russia.

[I have mad respect for those who got the joke.]

(Steven) We're going to Gotham!

(Greg) Gotham?!

(Pink Diamond) Isn't that where Batman lives? I thought it was dangerous.

(Steven) Was dangerous. After Arkham City, it was ranked in the top ten safest cities in the world. Sadly it was bumped down to #10 since there's Riddler and what Charlotte did a few months back.

(Greg) We should go to Gotham Royal Hotel. I heard it's the top quality hotel.

(Steven) And the most expensive. $300 a night. Why would we go there, though?

(Greg) Because that's where Bane and Joker was during the Night of Christmas Eve. I was wondering of there's anything different now.

(Steven) I'd doubt it. They probably fixed the floors and rooms after that night. And it was ten years ago since it happened.

(Greg) Still have hope. But anyways, where would we stay for a vacation?

(Steven) Bruce's house!

(Greg) What?! Look, I know we're friends with him, but I don't he'll be too keen on the three of us coming over.

(Steven) Maybe. Let's ask.

He grabbed the device.

(Steven) Bruce? Bruce are you there?

[Radio] What is it?

(Steven) I was wondering if my family could go to Gotham and stay at your place for a couple of days. You don't have to say yes, we're just looking for a vacation.

After a long silence, he responded.

[Radio] Okay, but you need to make sure nobody knows any connections between Batman and Bruce Wayne.

(Steven) Got it.

[Radio] Who are you talking to on the phone?

A feminine voice was heard.

[Radio] What are you doing out of your cell?

[Radio] My time is up, Brucie boy.

[Radio] No, it isn't.

(Steven) W-Whose that?

He doesn't recognize the voice. Her heard the other voice gasp.

[Radio] You never told him about me?