Chapter 22: Best Friends Forever!

3rd Person P.O.V.

2 years after Pink Diamond returned to Earth

Steven wakes up but felt like something's wrong. For starters, he felt cold, even though he had a blanket covering him. It wasn't cold in the beach house last night.

He opens his eyes and can see... the sky?

(Steven) What the...?

He looks around to see he wasn't in his room, or his house. It was some desolated area, that was very cold. The ambience is quiet, like an empty station.

His bed was moved to wherever this place is.

(???) Oh, good, you're finally awake!

He heard a voice. It was the hooded gem he saw a year ago, he almost forgotten her.

(Steven) W-Who are you? And where am I?

She took off the blanket covering her face to reveal it. Then, she stood on one of her legs to pose, giving him a full view of her form.

(Spinel) It's your best friend!

(Steven) Spinel, is it?

(Spinel) (gasp) You remember my name! How kind of you, and not like her...

Her tone changed when she referred to someone Steven doesn't know.

(Steven) O-Okay, where am I?

(Spinel) The Garden. My home! I spent over two years cleaning it up just for the two of us.

He looked around. It does look clean, although, he doesn't know what it looked like when it was a mess. He saw a Warp Pad.

(Steven) Okay, can I return to Earth first? I need to--

She streched her hand to him, gripped his shirt and pulled him towards her.

(Spinel) There's no leaving this place. This is your home now.

(Steven) But it's not. Earth is my home and my friends and family is on there.

(Spinel) Well, this is my home and you're my friend. Therefore, you stay here with me. Besides, it's safer here than Earth.

(Steven) W-What do you mean?

(Spinel) Oh, Earth is slowly being destroyed. It'll take like 24 hours for the process to be complete.

Steven's heart sank. Earth is being destroyed. Why?

(Steven) Why are you destroying it? What did the humans ever do to you?!

(Spinel) Earth is Pink Diamond's colony. And Pink needs to be punished, so Earth has got to go.

(Steven) But all those humans and animals will die!