Chapter 10: Enigma Conundrum

This is like a filler but interesting. This and other few chapters will be taking place during the two year timeskip in the Steven Universe story. So why not just skip the time and start at where the Movie takes place?

First, I need some time to plan out the Movie and Future because I did something that completely makes the story mangled. In the words of my friend, Howard, he says, "you fucked up the story by bringing Pink back, but in a good way." So, these fillers will give me time to think and keep you all entertained.

Second, these chapters will be about developing Pink Diamond (and potentially Batman). She, Steven and Greg deserve family time, so expect family bonding time about them. These chapters will be back to back with Batman and Steven until two years have passed (story-wise, not real life).

Once it reaches two years, you'll know what happens. Let's begin!

3rd Person P.O.V.

1 week after Pink Diamond returned to Earth.

Bruce has been in Gotham for at least a week straight without going back to Beach City. He hopes Steven and his mother are spending quality time together. It's important for him since he had just seen his mother for the first time, Lord knows Bruce would do anything to see his mother and/or father.

Tonight, the bat signal was lit. This surprised Bruce, with Arkham City closing over three weeks ago, there's something wrong. It's probably to solve a casefile, or if Jim wanted to check on Batman, not that he would, but it's possible.

He suits up and grapples to the top of the GCPD, where Gordon was there, smoking a cigarette.

(Gordon) Batman? I'm surprised that you came. I'd thought you retired after Arkham City.

(Batman) No. But it's good that you thought of that. That means everyone else won't be expecting me. Which will give me the element of surprise.

(Gordon) Well, not everyone. Someone still thinks you're still here, and they're waiting for you at the church that's in the remains of Arkham City.

(Batman) Arkham City is still there?

(Gordon) Yes and no. The walls are tore down, but completely deserted from the damage of Protocol 10. I'm surpirsed there's still buildings there. And... squad hasn't finished clearing out the corpses Strange had left when he shut down the place. God, the nerve of him. The least he could've done is dispose the bodies instead of leaving them for us to find. The stench would give that side of Gotham a foul odor for God knows how long.

(Batman) What is at the church?

(Gordon) We got some card saying to send you to the church. If we didn't, we'd lose a few of cops and a lot of doctors. Dunno how they knew you're still here, but I'm glad you're here. Otherwise, we'd lose a lot of doctors and cops.

(Batman) I'll check it out.

He jumps off the edge and glides to the church.

At the church

Batman opened the door and heard a familiar voice.

[Speaked] Oh, no, where have they gone? Could it be that while you were absent, I, the Riddler, snuck in and took all those poor, stupid fools?

Edward Nygma.

(Batman) Where have you taken them?

[Speaker] Questions, questions, Dark Knight. It's not you who needs answers here, it's me. You answer my riddles and I tell you where they are. You answer my riddles and they don't die. So, shall we begin?