Chapter 20: Beach City

Special Note (you can skip this): Someone told me that I would've been a brilliant Steven Universe writer for the show. I asked him why and he responds with, "because you write characters better." Of course, he also explained that one of my flaws was not including all characters and I admit it.

It's incredibly difficult to write all in the same part, but I do my best. He explained that I write a character and express their thoughts more in-depth than neccessary and sometimes have better dialogue than the show (even though I rip off dialogue from the series most of the time). It was very generous of him to say that.

The last flaw (although, it kind of isn't) is that I don't write stuff that could be on a kids show. Yeah, I don't really write kid friendly things. But regardless of the mature view, he said I would've written the show better than it already was.

Maybe this could somewhat inspire me to rewrite the series on Wattpad. Who knows? Enough of personal stuff and here's what you came for.

3rd Person P.O.V.

1 year and 3 months after Pink Diamond returned to Earth.

Beach City:

Steven is waking up to the sun rising in the window in the guest. He didn't want to get up.

(Moonlight) Good morning!

His eyes snapped out and saw Charlotte sitting on the side of his bed.

(Steven) Ch-Charlotte?!

(Moonlight) Oh, please, call me Moonlight.

(Steven) What are you doing here? How did you even get here in Beach City?!

(Moonlight) Bruce sent me here.

(Steven) He did?

(Moonlight) Well, lemme rephrase it, I asked to come here and he eventually agreed.

(Steven) How long have you been there?

(Moonlight) Since 2:00 AM.

Steven already had to deal with Pearl watching him sleep.

(Moonlight) Bruce told me and Alfred to keep an eye on you and your parents while I'm here.

(Steven) I'm sure he doesn't mean literally for when I'm sleeping.

(Moonlight) I don't really care.

(Steven) Why me in particular?

(Moonlight) You're a child, duh. Children are more fun than adults.

(Steven) Aren't you an adult?

(Moonlight) Yeah. I'm like... in my twenties. A little young.

(Steven) You're not a--

(Moonlight) No! Of course not. I mean, if I was, nobody would stop me. But even I have standards. Why would you even think that?

(Steven) Well, you're a little excited.

(Moonlight) I'm always this way. Do you not like my smile?

She grins, revealing her teeth. Her teeth are red. And her uniform has some red stains on it.

She noticed Steven getting scared.

(Moonlight) Oh, relax, it's red wine. I brought some with me.

She reached under his bed to grab a bottle of red wine.

(Steven) There's alcohol under my bed?!

(Moonlight) Uh, yeah.

(Steven) I could get in trouble!