Chapter 15: Diamond Authority

3rd Person P.O.V.

3 months and 2 days after Pink Diamond returned to Earth

Steven and Pink take a stroll on the freshly built Little Homeworld. It took time a few weeks with all the gems from Homeworld, but the place was built and it just got decorated yesterday. They wanted to see how it looks today.

Pink is holding Steven's hand, not wanting to let go and is cherishing the moment. It's been only three months since she returned, but that doesn't satisfy her. She's missed 14 years of his life.

Steven and her look at the place in awe. The gems from Homeworld and Earth really outdid themselves. It actually looks like a miniature Homeworld has been implemented on Earth.

Pink noticed that Steven is looking tired from walking, but keeps his happy face on. She grabs the boy and puts him on her shoulders.

(Pink Diamond) I noticed you were tired from walking, so I can carry you.

(Steven) Mom, you don't have to do that.

(Pink Diamond) Sure I do. It's my duty as a mother to take care of my son, which is you.

Steven is grateful that she wants to be the best mother she could be, but sometimes it's a little much. She's starting to be like Pearl when Steven was younger. She even watches Steven sleep, too.

That's the one thing he didn't miss from Pearl. Speaking of Pearl, she's been more attached to Pink than anything else when she came back. She constantly keeps referring Pink as her Diamond, like in the old days, even though it's over.

She carries the things Pink has with her, and is standing by her most of the time. The reason why she isn't now is because Pink sent her to fetch Steven's phone, which he left at the house. She'll be back in a couple of minutes.

Steven liked the view, but didn't like being held by his mother. It's a little embarrassing. Now he knows what it's like for someone having their mother baby them in public.

(Steven) I feel better now. You can put me down.

(Pink Diamond) Nope. I know you're still tired. I can see it in your eyes.

He sighed in defeat, there's no changing her mind. Pink felt her Communicator going off in her gem. She grabs it to answer the call.

[Communicator] Pink?

(Pink Diamond) Yes, Blue?

[Communicator] We need you on Homeworld for the weekly discussion board.

(Pink Diamond) Oh, not another meeting. They're so boring!

[Communicator] You and your son might like this one. It's about Bruce.

Steven gasped.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, we're on our way.

She dismissed the call. Pearl just arrived with Steven's phone in her hand.

(Pearl) I've brought Steven's cellular device as requested, my Diamond.

Pink cringed at "my Diamond." Pearl took notice of that.

(Pearl) Is something wrong?

(Pink Diamond) I've told you not to call me my Diamond anymore. I'm Pink. This isn't Era-2 anymore.

(Pearl) Sorry... Pink.

(Pink Diamond) Much better. Come on, we have to go to Homeworld for another report. It's about Batman.

(Pearl) Well, let's go. We mustn't keep them waiting.

The three of them walked to the Galaxy Warp Pad and it took them straight to Homeworld.