Chapter 14: Playdates

3rd Person P.O.V.

1 month after Pink Diamond returned to Earth

Gotham

Fire was set to a building downtown in Gotham. Batman arrived only minutes after it started. Bruce Wayne was near the building when it happened but he strangely disappeared when Batman showed up.

He got most of the people out of the building, but he heard a scream. It's a woman, she's still in there. Batman grappled up into the burning building.

He found her huddled to the ground with a blanket covering her. She's sobbing, looks like she's given up hope.

(Batman) Ma'am, it's okay. I'm going to get you out of here.

She was still crying. He got closer to turn her around. She turns around before he touched her.

(Moonlight) (screaming)

She punched him, knocking him back far. She laughed as she took off the blanket. He should've used Detective Mode.

(Moonlight) You're really predictable, Bat. "Ma'am, it's okay," (giggles) that's so sweet.

She cooed. The place is falling apart.

(Moonlight) Now, save the damsel in distress.

She tried pretending she's in danger. Batman jumps out of the building and it came tumbling down. He lands and heard a laugh.

(Moonlight) That tickled!

She pushed the debris off of her. She's covered in soot. A bit of her hair was on fire, she licked her fingers and pinched the fire out.

(Moonlight) Huh, I feel like a cartoon character. Well, I'm indestructible, so I guess I could become one. Oh, I could be a daredevil or a stuntwoman. Risk free!

She thought but when Batman got a good look at her, she decided to leave.

(Moonlight) Oh, well, guess I have to go now. Ta ta!

She said her farewells and threw a piece of debris at Batman to distract him while she got away.

[Cowl Comms] Sir, are you all right?

(Batman) Yes. But Moonlight got away.

[Cowl Comms] Do you think she was responsible for the fire?

(Batman) Most likely. She was inside the building and pretended to be a victim. I found out the hard way.

[Cowl Comms] What did she do?

(Batman) She punched me. It wasn't a hard one. She's toying with me.

[Cowl Comms] And what of the people in the building?

(Batman) Everyone is safe and accounted for. No causalities.

[Cowl Comms] That is good news. It is unfortunate you were unable to capture Miss Oliver.

(Batman) I don't think I can capture her. She would be too strong to restrain and Blackgate doesn't have the proper cells for the likes of her. The only place that could hold her is Arkham Asylum.

[Cowl Comms] Except it is closed due to the events of Arkham City. Perhaps reopening it is an option?

(Batman) It wouldn't be too wise to reopen a place like that for one patient.

[Cowl Comms] Well there's always--

(Batman) No.

[Cowl Comms] Sir, it might be the only option for her.