Chapter 21: Ghost of Past

3rd Person P.O.V.

1 year and 6 months after Pink Diamond returned to Earth

Beach City:

Bruce needed to get a check up and hopefully find a diagnosis for these symptoms he's showing. Obviously, he has a name for the disease he has, but there's some symptoms that don't match it by the definition of the disease. He feels a little more dizzy than usual, has moments where he passes out, headaches and is feeling more tired than usual.

He couldn't go to the hospitals in Gotham because he's already been there and they've said there's nothing they could do for him. He needed to get a second opinion. Steven reccomended him to the doctor in Beach City, who is Connie's mother.

He got the appointment scheduled. Connie asked her mother to accompany her on this appointment and she eventually said yes. Priyanka was more focused on the fact a billionaire is coming from at least three states away to here to get a check up.

Bruce is in the waiting room, waiting for his name to be called.

Joker: So, billionaire Bruce Wayne is the Batman. A little bit unexpected. Y'know if I'd ever been curious about your identity I would've torn off that mask years ago. I always figured the truth would be a letdown but I have to admit, masquerading as Gotham's least interesting socialite is one hell of a cover story. The dead parents are just icing on the cake.

The ghost sat down on an empty chair next to Bruce.

Joker: It's pointless going all the way here for a checkup when you know damn well what's wrong with you. It's me! There's no cure for me, just give up now and start embracing your Joker-side.

The door opens up.

(Nurse) Mr. Wayne?

He stands up and walks to the door with the ghost behind him. The nurse leads Bruce to a room to wait in. Connie is already in there.

(Connie) Hey, Bruce. Mom said she'll be in here in a moment. So, how has it been in Gotham?

(Bruce) Fine.

Joker: You nervous, Bruce? You worried the doctor might find out your secret? Assuming Connie hadn't told her yet?

(Connie) You said you have some headaches and excess exhaustion?

(Bruce) Yes.

(Connie) Don't worry, my Mom will be able to figure out what the problem is. Oh, and no, I haven't told her about your... hobby.

Joker: Bet that relived some of that pressure off your shoulders, huh?

The door opens.

(Priyanka) Mr. Wayne. I must admit, it's a surprise to have you come here.

(Bruce) I needed to get a second opinion and I was reccomended to you by Steven.

(Priyanka) Connie's friend? How kind of him. Wait a minute, how does he have contact to you?

(Bruce) His father called. I bought his CDs and I enjoy his music. I gave him my contact information to call from time to time.

(Priyanka) Very well. All right, let's start with the basics. Stand on this, please.

He stands on the scale. It brings up the number of 210 pounds.

(Priyanka) Most of that must be muscle, I don't see any flab on you.

She gestured him to stand against the wall so she can measure his height.

(Priyanka) 6 feet and two inches.