010. the broom cupboard

S O R R Y

 x||the broom cupboard

ANOTHER ATTACK ON MUGGLE FAMILY

Maria sighs as she folds up the newspaper and slams it onto the table as she continues to eat her porridge. The attacks on muggles who have had wizards or witches for children (muggle borns). Honestly, Maria is absolutely terrified, both of her best friends have at least one parent that's a muggle. Maria considers herself extremely lucky to be a Potter, her and her brother are both pure-bloods so they're safe from that side of the supposed revolution.

Maria looks up and sees Danielle reading the paper with a worried face so she reaches forwards and snatched it from her grasp. Danielle gives her an annoyed look but she shrugs and puts the paper on the table.

"So. . .where's the ring from?" Clarissa questions, eyeing the snake ring on Maria's finger and Maria twirls it around.

"Oh, just transfiguration." Maria states and they nod, not quite convinced. Maria takes a sip of her pumpkin juice which unexpectedly explodes all over her.

She grins her teeth when she hears boisterous laughter coming from behind her and stands up, ready to scold and lecture her older brother and his stupid friends.

"That was priceless!" Sirius laughs and Maria folds her arms as she watches them cackle and stumble as they laugh. Peter's eyes go wide and he quickly slaps James' shoulder repeatedly.

"What is it Wormtail?" James breathes, wiping a tear and Peter jabs a finger in Maria's direction, making the boys straighten up.

"Oh! Maria, you look nice today." Sirius says, smirking as some pumpkin juice drips from her lip and she glares at him. "Uh. . .Mari. . .your shirts a bit. . ."

Maria looks down and gasps, quickly pulling at her soaking shirt so it's not stuck to her skin and not as transparent. "Well done you four, brilliant."

Remus opens his mouth to apologise but she holds a hand up and walks out of the hall to go and change.
As she turns around a corner a body collided with hers and grabs her shoulders by instinct to steady her.

"What happened to you?" Regulus laughs slightly as he looks down at the girl soaked in pumpkin juice.
"Our idiot brothers and their idiot friends." Maria says as Regulus looks he up and down. "Hey! Eyes up."

"Sorry." Regulus smirks. "You should change, wouldn't want to walk around with a see-through shirt all day. Might attract unwanted attention."

"Like you?"

"No." He leans down to her ear and turns her so she's facing someone. "Them." Her eyes go to a group of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff boys in their year and their eyes instantly go anywhere but her.