1"

Flashback 7th Year Great hall

Flashback
7th Year
Great hall

She was stupid.

She was stupid and weak and heart broken.

She was naive.

She was naive and oblivious and heart broken.

Zenevieva cast her eyes down at the Slytherin table as James Potter walked into the great hall with Lily Evans on his arm. She wanted to look up.
She did so badly.

Every part of her wanted to look at him.
At his stupid messy hair
At his stupid mischievous grin
At his stupid perfect face

She told herself she was stronger than that. She didn't need James Potter anymore.

She didn't need his touch
She didn't need his jokes
She didn't need his kindness
She didn't need his gentleness

No, she did need him.

She needed him and she hated.

How could she of been so foolish. How could she ever believe he'd love her more than Lily Evans.

Though she understood. Lily Evans was the perfect kind of girl.

The kind of girl you'd take home to your mother. The kind of girl you'd Marry and buy a little cottage to live together in, have adorable children with.

She could feel people watching her, their eyes burning her skin. Wondering what happened to her and James.

They didn't have to think for long, it was obvious.

Of course James Potter would leave Zenevieva Gaunt for Lily Evans. Of course he would. It was always going to happen.

Zenevievas eyes watered as she kept on looking at the table.

Composing herself she wiped her eyes and lifted her head proudly. As if she didn't care.

She obviously did care.

But she didn't want people to know she did.

She was Zenevieva Gaunt. She was a Gaunt. She was strong and Powerful and most definitely would not let her classmates see her cry over a boy.