16"

"We have to be going soon" Regulus said unbuttoning his dirty shirt and changing it for a clean one

Zenevieva had taken him along with her on the back of Andreas that morning and shown him how she could command the Dragons to attack.

"My favourite place to be. Right beside the man I want to kill in the most cheery place, Malfoy manor" Zenevieva spoke bitterly watching Regulus laugh at her tone, fixing his collar

"We have to go. You know what happens when people are late"

"Can we turn up on a Dragon" Zenevieva smiled at the idea

"Don't you think that would give us away?"

"Perhaps"

Regulus only shook his head pulling her out of the room.

Zenevieva and Regulus sat side by side around the table in their usual places beside the dark lords chair at the end of the table. Voldemort had not arrived then meaning that the surrounding Death Eaters chattered and socialised as they did at their balls and formal events.

Evan Rosier sat next to his mother, both of which looked fairly pale. The empty seat of his father beside him.

Mr Rosier was still in the cellars at the castle and had no hope of escaping any time soon. Zenevieva felt some kind of sick enjoyment over watching Evans worried face. Perhaps if he had treat her differently his father would be sat next to him this very minute.

"I wanted to say Congratulations Miss Gaunt" Rodolphous Lestrange, Bellatix's husband, said.

Zenevieva looked at him confusedly before deciding it was best not to ask and just thank him.

"What was that about?" Zenevieva asked turning to whisper to Regulus

"No idea" he replied with furrowed eyebrows

The pair sat quietly together as everyone around them chatted.

Walburga kept glancing between them slyly, a triumphant smirk on her face.

"What's going on" Zenevieva whispered noticing everyone's looks

"I've not an idea"

The doors to the parlour flew open as Tom Riddle glided in. His features seemed more sunken and his eyes somehow colder and darker. Doing his usual testing he scanned everyone in the rooms faces, trying to detect any fear or uncertainty before trying to invade each persons mind.

He finally sat down at his chair, Nagini at his feet.

Zenevieva stared down at the snake that hissed up at her.

She could understand perfectly what Nagini was saying and it was nothing pleasant.

She smiled to herself as she imagined the damaged her dragons could do to Toms precious snake that she loathed so much.

"Thank you all for coming" Tom started, "I have further news regarding the prophecy, "the mother of the unborn child I believe to hold the power to vanquish me has gone into hiding. Though I am lead to believe that the father is still actively working for the order. So far I have men working to trace their whereabouts however it is proving difficult so far. The order know of my intentions and have proved finding them to be very difficult indeed. Though I know you shall not all disappointed me. For I will kill the child eventually. My only orders to you all is to keep your eyes opens and ears sharp for any further information. As we are all congregated I find it a perfect opportunity to congratulate Zenevieva and Regulus of their engagement. It is wonderful to see such great pure ancient houses merging, hopefully creating generations of pure blood wizards for centuries to come"

Zenevieva and Regulus' eyes widened in shock as the the surrounding Death Eaters clapped politely for them. Zenevieva made eye contact with Walburga who was smiling tightly across her thin lips.

"Actually my Lord-" Zenevieva started

"Thank you" Regulus interrupted, " we are both very excited at the prospect"

Zenevieva snapped her head to Regulus as he nudged her leg with his

"Yes, indeed" she replied gritting her teeth

"Why did you agree?!" Zenevieva shouted pacing her bedroom

"Because Zenevieva, it was the logical and smartest thing to do" Regulus rushed back, "think about it. By us getting married it shows that we are presumably wanting to start a family; a forging of Blacks and Gaunts. This tells the Dark Lord that we are wanting to supply his army with powerful young witches and wizards for future generations. By doing this we're showing our loyalty to him and it is vital that he thinks that our loyalty does lie with him"

Zenevieva mulled the idea over in her brain. It did make sense.

"Fine" she announced, "fine"

"It could be worse. You could of married a Carrow" Regulus shrugged, "atleast you got me"

"Very funny"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Um okay surprise 😩