🥦3 Years Later🥦

PREM 

I was livid. 

Pissed.

Damn near homicidal. 

Boun and I were supposed to meet the wedding planner twenty minutes ago, to make final seating arrangements, but he was still in his office signing contracts. Every other month for the past three years, he has asked me to marry him and every time I’ve told him ‘no’ explaining I wasn’t ready, now after finally saying yes, he has the nerve to pull this shit. If he thinks I’m going to marry him now, he’s sadly mistaken. 

I marched to his office and didn't even bother knock. I swung open the door ready to give my Alpha a piece of my mind but was rendered speechless when I saw the sight before me. 

Each member of Boun’s family was holding a single lit candle. Boun was standing in the middle of them holding two.  Wren and Fluke were smiling brightly, while Boun’s mom was already shedding happy tears. Ohm and Boun’s father remained stoic but I could see the warm affection for me in their eyes. 

My anger vanished and my heart ballooned with a feeling of love on a completely different level. I’ve read about this, heard my friends talk about it, and even seen it on movies; never did I imagine I would experience this myself. 

Then there was the man I loved, he stepped forward, his eyes glistening, and offered me one of the lit candles in his hand.

“After all these years you’ve finally given me the honor of marrying you, and I am so grateful that you said yes.” Boun took a few deep breaths I could tell he was trying to get his emotions in check, “but there is one last thing we must do before we walk down the aisle.” 

Boun’s mom and dad stepped forward. The Luna gifted me with their family golden chalice. 

"We welcome you into our family and pack with open arms and open hearts." She said with happy tears, and I couldn’t help but start crying as well. Yes, their family accepted me a long time ago, but this cemented everything through ritual ceremony. 

Boun’s father the Senior Alpha placed his hand on my shoulder, and began to speak,

"This golden chalice holds a drop of blood from every member in this family, once you drink this, you won’t be just bonded to my son, you’ll be connected and bonded to this entire family. This means, you will never leave our side and in the event that my son may meet an untimely demise we will take you care of you and your children until the end of time."

By now I was openly sobbing. I never really had an actual pack let alone a real family. 

I drank every drop and handed the chalice back to Boun’s mom, and almost instantly I felt my bond with Boun strengthen and felt a part of me deeply rooted spiritually and mentally with every member in this room. I felt their love, their accepting, and unwavering loyalty.

Boun’s parents parted and Boun walked me over to a single candle, that had not been lit. 

“Together as we light this candle of unity, we symbolize the flame of our own individual selves joining to ignite for life.” Boun said as we simultaneously lit the candle, and then blew out our individual candles. 

Boun pulled me towards him and kissed me passionately. I could hear our family cheering and clapping in the background. Afterwards everyone took turns hugging me. 

“You are stuck with us now.” Wren laughed. 

I wouldn’t want it any other way.