🥦introduction to omegaverse pt 1🥦

The reproductive system

For reference, male and female betas are representative of what are, in this universe, cis males and females. Therefore, a male beta has a penis, external testicles, and an anus, while a female beta has a clitoris, a vulva and vagina, ovaries, a uterus, and an anus.

Knot

The only anatomical difference between male alphas and male betas is that male alphas have at the base of their penis a bulbus glandis, which expands during intercourse, locking the alpha inside of their partner. The bulbus glandis is colloquially referred to as the "knot". Female omegas are anatomically identical to female betas, but are very different hormonally.

Female alphas and male omegas

Female alphas and male omegas are the most alien to us, as they each have two sets of reproductive organs: both "male" and "female" organs are present. Female alphas have an enlarged clitoris that functions as a bulbus glandis (with no further phallic material distal to the knot structure), internal testicles, a vulva, and an anus. Urine is expelled through a urethra separate from the clitoral urethra, which is used solely to conduct semen. In female alphas, the uterus is underdeveloped and the testicles are much larger than the ovaries.

Male omegas do have a penis and testicles, but they are small and often incorrectly referred to as "vestigial". Their testicles rarely descend fully, and generally settle just caudal to the inguinal canal. Instead of an anus or vulva, male omegas possess a cloaca, which then subdivides into the vaginal and rectal canals. Both the vaginal canal and the rectal canal have a valve which prevents them from opening at the same time. In male omegas, it is the testicles and "male" organs that are underdeveloped, rather than the uterus and ovaries. Both urine and semen are expelled through the urethra in the penis.

(Note: A knot is a swelling at the base of the penis or within the clitoris that locks the penis or clitoris inside of the vagina or cloaca during and after orgasm, to increase chances of conception. Alphas do not always knot, except when with an omega in heat when rut compels them. Knotting sessions can last anywhere from 15 minutes to, in extreme cases, an hour, though they average at 30 minutes.)