🥦7. Dinner🥦

Prem was led to his room which was a small cosy one, with a fluffy little bed with white soft duvets , a small desk by the side, an open veranda looking upon the entire house and the lawn , there were several pots of plants growing outside,some on the bedside, , some on the veranda, all very pretty and sober unlike the gruel of his own house, where he hardly had a room to call his own, much less privacy.

He was instructed to meet the family for an informal dinner and he had to be dressed properly. He opened his own bag and looked at the worn out shirt and sweatpants that he had packed before leaving. Everything about the contents of the bag screamed pathetic!!!!

In one corner of the bag , there was the tiny photo frame of his mother and him. He took it out and set it out on the nightstand beside his bed, so that he could see it all the time.

He was wondering whether he should wear those clothes or not but then walked to the closet to find one or two fresh set of clothes of his size waiting there for him. He hadn't brought any clothes because he knew it would be only a matter of time before he would escape form there.

He found a pair of grey sweatpants and a white teeshirt that he took in his hand, examining the piece of cloth as he pressed it to his nose, it smelled of detergent , ahh so not new clothes , he thought

and as sniffed some more he could make out another faint smell, that had worn down a bit with the washing but was tickling and burning his nostrils
He quickly put it on and went downstairs when he realised it was 9 p.m. already.

He reached the dining hall to see everyone seated already

He reached the dining hall to see everyone seated already. There was Boun's mother on one end of the table, and his dad on another. The old man wore a really fancy maroon, satin robe over his pajamas while the Luna wore a sap green dress with a gold pin collar. Although she was middle aged and had no makeup, she looked elegant and charming. Prem had met her a while ago. She was a charming and good tempered lady, with beautiful habits and a sweet calm demeanour, like Ohm's.
Prem could very well understand where the boys got all their charm and looks from.

Next to the man, on his right, was another man in a gold seamed blue night wear. He looked middle aged probably the same age as Alpha Mahi and was engaged in conversation with him, and beside him were two girls, one about 15 years old and the older looked about Boun's age, with heavy makeup, wearing a really pretty pair of pajamas and straightened hair pulled up in a ponytail. The younger was sitting at the side corner, beside Boun's mom and faintly resembled her in her appearance.

On the other side, Ohm and Fluke were sitting, almost sticking to each other, although on two different chairs and beside him was as unoccupied empty chair beside which Boun was sitting. The only empty chair in the table, between Boun and Fluke, Prem eyed that nervously and gulped down.

When Fluke saw Prem, he waved and motioned at him to come and take the only unoccupied seat between him and Boun. He walked shyly and before sitting , wai-ed all the elders present at the table. When he turned around and wai-ed Boun, unexpectedly, he smiled at him.