🥦CHAPTER 16: GUILTY🥦

In a dark room, a middle aged woman sat on a luxurious velvet sofa, her contours edgy and gorgeous, even with the advancement of age. In front of her, a girl kneeled on the floor, her long ponytail neatly perfectioned with gold pins.

"I'm sorry Mistress, I didn't mean for all that to happen, the boy came in the middle all of a sudden"

"how about instead of blaming others , you realise it's high time to look into your own mistakes" She chuckled, while tapping on her wine glass, that she swirled in her well crafted fingers "are you sure, that was the mark?"

"definitely, the lights were off, but I saw the mark, it was shaped like a leaf, long and slender, I saw it , not once, but quite a number of times"

"that's it" the older woman announced, holding her hand up with a disgusted lok on her face "I don't want the stories of your sexcapades"

"but if that is so, we've got a bigger thing to do now. I honestly couldn't care less but you see, he's my boy, I can't just let him die, I want the boy, so I remove his mark and find him a new partner as soon as I can. I guess, after all, it's my duty, as a mother. " she smirked. "the empire will be ours, sweetie, no one can stop us. Don't ruin another plan for me or you're dead meat"the woman warned as she threw a stack of money at the girl who was kneeling down, who grabbed it like a hungry dog that jumps for it's meat and quickly scrabbled away.

"phi, did you call me?" Prem asked as he got into Ohm's office. He saw Jess leave from there just 5 minutes ago after which a guard came and called him in.

Jess.

Jess ofcourse was living her best life. Boun had finally asked her out a few days after he had taken Prem for shopping, and he seemed to be in a good mood ever since. Business was going fine, He still wasn't on talking terms with his brother , which kinda struck out to everyone in the family, but no one really spoke about it.

The tension hung in the air at the dinner table like an invisible aura that everyone could feel. Prem, on the other hand, was annoyed perpetually. The reason?

Jess again.

Whenever he saw her, Jess would make weird eye gestures at him for god knows what reason, it was like there was an unspoken cold war raging between them since day 1 but he had been nothing but polite and respectful to her and other elders of the family.

And like cherry on top, well like a really sour cherry on top of a really bad cake, Prem hated seeing boun walking around with him. He couldn't quite figure out what was wrong about it, but the whole situation seemed bizarre, and Boun seemed to be painfully oblivious of all of it, he was talking to prem nicely and sweetly all the time, taken him out with Wren and it struck him as a scary thought, the possibility that he should see him just as a brother.

What were these messed up feelings?

He didn't know.

Why was Boun now being sweet to him?