🥦ch 21: The Attack🥦

BOUN

The image of Prem battered and bruised bent over the table...Kaownah almost doing the unspeakable catapulted my anger to a new level. I needed a moment to collect my thoughts before confronting Ohm. At this level I wasn't sure if I could carry on a rational conversation. I was pacing my bedroom, frustrated. and shaking with anger.

How can I keep Prem in my life without betraying my family?

Out of the things he could've taken, why the Trinket Box?

Was stealing our family's most prized heirloom done to offend our family's honor or was it strictly on a level of financial gain?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in," I yelled.

It was Off. Why wasn't he with Prem? I was just about to lose my shit completely, when Off spoke first,

"Sir, Tay is looking after Prem in his bedroom, and Singto and Bright are guarding his door." I relaxed a bit. "They were given specific instructions, not to let anyone in."

I knew I could trust Singto and Bright. Like Off and Tay, they were already mated alphas and treated omegas kindly.

"I just wanted to give you an update." Off continued, "Tay and I didn't feel comfortable touching the omega, New volunteered to clean him up, and tend to his wounds." New was Tay's mate, he worked for our family as well, more on the domestic aspect. "He also helped him to eat a little, but after everything, he just wanted to rest."

I nodded curtly. I struggled fixing my facial features. Callousness and indifference were becoming difficult to achieve in regard to Prem.

"Sir...Boun." My eyes met Off's and I could see in his expression; that he knew I was putting on a huge front. He didn't just work for my family he grew up with me. He was my friend.

"What should I do Off?" I asked helplessly. "How can I help him and still 'save face' with my family? Not just with them, but the outsiders?"

Off stood in silent contemplation, his gaze fixed on me before speaking,

"Prem is still a minor, I can make some phone calls, and get him placed in a decent home for now, until you get this shit sorted out with your family."

"Thanks man, you have no idea how much I appreciate this," I started to say,

"BUT it might take a few days before I get an answer back."

"Damn it to hell!" I cursed through gritted teeth.

"...and you already ordered us to put him out, you can't renege now, it'll make you look weak, not to me, but your employees." Off was right, I couldn't let Prem stay.

But I could still keep him safe outside of the mansion. Without him knowing.

"Have Tay give him this," I pulled out a woad of cash and handed it to him, "don't let Prem know it was me."

After tonight, I was certain he would never trust me again.

"I'll transfer you some money, set up a reservation at the Tèja Hotel in your name for the next two weeks."