Chapter 2: The Sorting

Severus was very nervous as he approached the chair. The sorting hat waited for a long time before sorting him in Gryffindor.

Soon, Remus, Peter and Lily were sorted into Gryffindor. McGonagall called out " James Potter". He was sorted into Gryffindor immediately after the hat touched his messy hair. He went to the Gryffindor table to sit between Remus and Severus. As soon as his bottom touched the bench, a loud farting noise filled the room and a big red cloud appeared over James' head stating that James had farted.

The whole great hall erupted in laughter and even McGonagall had to stop herself from giggling. After the hall settled, Severus quietly told James that revenge had been served. McGonagall called out the remaining list and Sirius was the only one remaining.

Sirius was sure that he would be sorted into Slytherin because of the family stereotype. He had an unhappy look on his face as soon as the hat sat on his head. The sorting hat saw the sorrow and whispered in his head " Why do you worry about being sorted into Slytherin. You don't belong there. I never even considered it for you. You belong in Gryffindor." It said the last word loudly. Sirius was overjoyed.

After Sirius sat down, Dumbledore stood up and began his Welcome speech in which he told everybody a joke and commenced the Start-Of-The-Year Feast. Lily and Remus continued talking about books and which subject they were most excited about. James and Severus got into an argument about thestrals. James argued that one thestral could not see the other unless he/she saw death. Severus argued that thestrals being the same species could see each other with or without seeing death. Sirius, bored by this argument threw food from his spoon at James and Severus. This resulted into a total food fight which started from the three of them and progressed to the whole Gryffindor table fighting with food.

It soon passed to Slytherin who threw food at Ravenclaw and finally went to the Hufflepuff table. The entire Great Hall was in a chaos and none of the teachers, not even McGonagall, could stop it. It turned out that Hufflepuffs were actually pretty good aimers. Ravenclaw found out the exact angle at which an object should be thrown to reach the target. Gryffindor and Slytherin started bewitching food to throw at members of the opposite houses.

James, Severus and Sirius came up with an idea to get the teachers involved. They bewitched a few plates to attack each teacher on their faces. However nobody touched McGonagall. Seeing this, Dumbledore threw an entire bowl full of mashed potatoes in her face. The entire hall immediately went silent. In response, Professor McGonagall picked up the salsa and threw it on Dumbledore' face. His knee-length beard was fully drenched in Salsa.

This led to war. It was now the teachers fighting with each other and the students fighting amongst themselves. It finally ended at 4 o'clock when everyone got super sleepy.

Author's Note: That was a fun chapter to write. Hope you enjoyed reading it.