18. Holidays

The results were declared in the next week. All of them had passed their exams with high marks while Peter trailed a bit behind. There were 2 days of classes to go in which the teachers introduced them to the next year subjects and gave out holiday homework.

They had decided to spend half of their holidays together at each of their houses (bar Sirius) while spend the other half with their families.

They played exploding snap and wizard chess in the train ride back home. Lily had managed to convince her girl-dormitory friends, Marlene and Alice, to come to her house while the other marauders were there. 

James and his parents had talked to Walburga about Sirius coming to their place to stay for the holidays after spending a week at his home with Regulus. They tried to bring Regulus into staying at the potter's too but Walburga was adamant about her only son spending time with blood-traitors and Gryffindors.

**********

During the holidays, Severus had grown quite close to Petunia Evans. Severus had told Petunia all about Hogwarts. Petunia wanted to attend Hogwarts eagerly. Despite Lily sending her sweets from hogsmeade, photos of the castle, She still wasn't satisfied.

 They had been caught spending a lot of time alone when not with Lily. James and Sirius spent a lot of their time researching Animagi in the Potter's library. Peter had taken upon him to study harder because he didn't want to trail behind the other 5. He finished half of his holiday homework b the time the others had even considered starting.

When the marauders arrived at Lily's home, they were surprised to see 2 more girls then they had expected. James and Sirius dared to ask Lily "We never knew you had friends other than us."

Lily hit both of them on the head while replying, "Did you expect me to maintain my sanity while being friends with people who are not dunderheads."

A few days after they had all spent time together,  Alice invited her friend Frank Longbottom to spend time with them. They both had had a small crush on each other since they had first met but both were too shy to confess.

They were all having breakfast together when their Hogwarts letters arrived. Apart from the usual books, they were required to bring ball dresses for the traditional yule ball held in their 4th years.

When they got to know about the yule ball, Severus took Petunia to the side and promised to ask Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall about allowing her to come for the Yule Ball.

Author's Note : Sorry I didn't upload this story in almost 2-3 months. I had kind of lost hope in writing on Wattpad.

Someone recently gave me hope to write by voting on my stories. I would like to give them a huge Shoutout. Thank You So Much 

 mhareader_386

I would also like to give a Shoutout to my best friend who gave me mental support whenever I needed it. myriad_thoughts