12. Marauders

A day had passed in the summer holidays and all of them were already missing each other. Severus, Petunia and Lily spent a lot of time with each other. They pranked each other and even managed to get their parents annoyed. The parents eventually started wondering how the teachers handled the 6 of them. Severus and Lily taught Petunia how to use the Floo Network so that they could talk while at Hogwarts.

Sirius was being severely ill-treated at home. He was counting down the days to Hogwarts. He wrote to his friends daily. His father, being a good man, decided to do something about this. He gave Sirius a set of 6 mirrors which could show the view of the other mirrors. They were like the modern day video calls except you have to say the name of the person you want to talk to. He immediately sent one mirror to James, Lily, Remus, Peter and Severus explaining how to use them.

Sirius managed to get Hogsmeade permission from his father much to his mother's disapproval.

They talked all summer until James finally took the courage to ask Walburga to send Sirius to his home to spend the rest of the days. Walburga allowed him to go and told him to pack all the stuff he needed to take to Hogwarts. She told James to come collect Sirius on the next day in the evening. When James and his mother came to collect Sirius, they received a stern "Welcome" and later a stern "Goodbye".

The group met for the shopping and bought a lot of stuff. Petunia tagged along and soon became friends with the rest of the group as well. During the rest of the summer break, James and Sirius spent al their time doing homework and planning pranks.

During their trip to Hogsmeade, they bought a ton of howlers and sneaked them past the security. The next morning all teachers got howlers which screamed "Yahoo!" and sang the whole Macarena song and then tore themselves in the most funny voices.

On the next trip, they bought dungbombs and gave them to Peeves to throw one in each classroom. On the first full moon of the year, all 5 of them went to the whomping willow with him and stayed up till late. They were late for the Transfiguration, the first class of the day. McGonagall told them that they were late. All of them replied back saying, "We are aware." and then giggled each time they saw McGonagall.

One day, while goofing in the corridors, they came up with the thought that the group should have a name. They searched the library for the weirdest names for their group and shortlisted them.

The list contained:

- Non-stop nonsense (This name was shot down by Lily and Remus)

- Pranking Pranksters (Again shot down by Lily and Remus because Pranksters prank)

- Weird Wizards ( "Are you sure, James?" - Lily)

- Werewolf Support ("NO" - Remus)

No solution was found after a fool-length list because each name was shot down by one or the other.

So they decided to keep on thinking. Until then, they continued to prank. They decided to visit Filch's office and look at the list of rules. They note down those which they hadn't broken yet. However, they were disturbed by Mrs. Norris. Hence, they decided to do something about her.

They sneaked into Filch's office and added a potion into Mrs. Norris' food. The potion turned Mrs. Norris' fur blue and every time she meowed, the roar of a lion was heard. Mrs. Norris scared herself every time.

McGonagall saw all of this and said, "Mr. Potter and Mr. Snape, You will have detention on Saturday evening with the rest of the Marauders." It was the name they needed. They thanked McGonagall and hurried to the common room.