第29章

"I WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE SO BADDDDD PLEASEEEJDBCJDBF"
—Author-kun

"Aight so the lower moons demons are getting slaughtered rn and the one fabulous looking bitch survives. ONTO THE STORY—"
—Author-sama

——————————————————

"Say 'aaaaaah'." Shinobu said.

I opened my mouth, praying to whatever god is above that my breath doesn't smell bad.

I recently felt my fingers, canines, and eyes hurting, and I guessed that it was part of the effect of Rui's blood. Since me and the rest of the Kamaboko group are getting a checkup, I decided to let her know.

"Hmmmm...." Shinobu made me  face different angles, before coming to the conclusion. "Yep! Your teeth are getting sharper."

"Wait seriously?!" I whined. "I mean fangs are cool I guess, but what if o bite my tongue?!"

"Well, luckily they aren't that sharp yet, so if you bite your tongue you'll probably just bleed a bit." She replied.

"Argh... how about my eyes then?" I asked.

"The pupil is definitely changing shapes, into a more slit-like figure. Have you recently been able to see in the dark better?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, those two are definitely part of the effect of the Lower Demon's blood! I'm sad to say that I don't have any medicine that can prevent or slow the process, but do speak up once it starts to get worse, so I can get try to find an antidote of some sort." She stood up grabbed a few scrolls/books, flipping through them as we spoke.

I nod, feeling slightly down. 'I don't even have cool demons powers— what's the point?! Well, i guess fangs are kinda cool.'

"But, either then that you seem completely fine! Although some of your wounds are scarred, which can't be helped, you're physical body is fully recovered." She said, uplifting the vibe in the room.

"Hey— do I look like the KFC dude with all the scars?" I asked with a straight face.

"KFC.....? Oh, you mean Shinazugawa Sanemi-san?" She tilted her head, trying to think of someone with the initials 'K.F.C'.

"Shinazu— wait, you know Genya?!" I exclaimed, standing up from my chair(and immediately regretting it when i started to feel dizzy).

"Oh, I do know Genya! He comes the estate every now and then.... he's reckless and always gets hurt on all of his missions."

"If I see that fucker I'm giving him a lecture." I muttered under my breath, and quickly decided that I'll leave the room and hunt the bitch down.

"Uh— thank you for checking up on me and my friends and taking care of us!" I said in a rush, giving her a quick bow.

Shinobu didn't say anything but smiled and waved as I ran out of the room.

——————————————————

I aimlessly walked down the halls, singing random tunes as I waited for Tanjiro's checkup to be finished.

I gave up on finding Genya a while ago, after Zenitsu yelled at me to stop being so loud as I ran around(I, of course, yelled back at him).

"Oh— you see waiting for me?" Tanjiro exclaimed, walking out of the checkup room.

"Hm? Yeah, I was bored anyways." I laughed, walking with him down the hall.