第32章

"Okay but like not me re-watching Kingdom for like the thousandth time—"
—Author-kun

"Writing battle scenes hit different when listening to 'OHFR'— LIKE WHAT MAGIC-"
—Author-san????!?!

——————————————————

"I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF DIY SLIME TUTORIAL YALL FOLLOWED YOUTUBE BUT THIS AINT IT—" I screeched, looking at the flesh-like bullshit splattered around everywhere.

"(Y/N), you're awake!" Rengoku beamed.

"Yessir!" I instinctively o7'd. "Uh— this train's kinda being a little SUSSY right now but like what's going on—"

"The demon fused with the train!" He said, quickly cutting a arm of a demon which was going after a sleeping passenger before continuing, "So I sent Inosuke and Tanjiro to the front where the neck should be, as the rest of us protect the passengers! Would you mind helping me on the front five?"

I felt honoured. "Of course!"

'DAYUM I'D LET HIM HIT IT FOR FREE HOLY SHIT—'

Feeling ecstatic, I decided to use a quirk to quickly clear the front three carts.

I heated my palms with blue flames, before squatting down and shooting the flames down across the three carts, taking over them entirely. I controlled them so that they would only burn the demon, and not any passengers.

I slumped down, catching my breath.
'It's been too long since I've practiced my quirks— it's a miracle I didn't burn anyone—'

Rengoku's eyes glittered with curiosity.

"Was that a breathing form? Or one of the superpowers Oyakata-sama mentioned?"

"It's— uh, a superpower I guess." I puffed, standing back up. "Wait— its regenerating again?!"

"It'll continue until Tanjiro and Inosuke succeed."

"ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES—"

——————————————————

The fight went on for a while— until a ear-piercing screech was heard from the front.

I covered my ears, unable to make a vine reference against it.

"WOCKY SLUSH—"

And then the train slipped.

The motherfuckking train flipped off the tracks.

I instinctively grabbed the strongest-looking passenger from the train and jumped out with them.
People would most likely fall underneath the train, and in case the demon isn't dead yet, we'll need a strong passenger to do it for us as we fight.

I carefully laid the man on the ground, and then ran to Nezuko and Zenitsu.

"Are you two okay?!" I fretted, checking over them for any injuries.

Nezuko hummed with a smile and hugged me, which I returned.

"(Y/N)-chan!! What happened?!" Zenitsu cried, snapping out of his sleep.

"I'm pretty sure Inosuke and Tanjiro killed the train demon." I said, looking back to try to see them. "Zenitsu, the sun will be rising soon. Could you get Nezuko's box and put her in before she gets burnt?"

"Okay!" He ran towards the train.

"Nezuko, I'll need you to help get people that were thrown beneath the train and save them while you can, until Zenitsu comes. Make sure to stay in the shade though, in case."

She nodded.

I gave her another headpat, before using Hawk's quirk to grow wings.
"I'll be back in a moment, I swear."

With a jump, i flew towards Tanjiro and Inosuke's direction.

Tanjiro seemed to be laying down with a injured stomach, and Rengoku stood over him. Inosuke was helping injured passengers out of the train.

"Tanjiro, Rengoku!" I called, them turning around to face me. "Are you guys okay?"

"I'm fine." Tanjiro smiled, which I gave him a doubtful look.

I took a container from a pocket and gave it to him.
"Wound ointment. Just rub it on any minor injuries— it should reduce pain as well. Just try not to move your core too much."

I faced Rengoku, who seemed lowkey proud.

"I'll go fly around and see if there's anyone who flew far into the forest." I told him, who smiled.

"Alright. Be careful, though, since it's not daytime yet."

I nodded, and flew up once again. I scouted the area, relieved that the fight was over.
Even so, I found my mind wandering to my dream. I missed UA, and everyone, I truly did. But I would feel guilty if I just left Tanjiro and the others back here, in such a crisis.

I shook my head, pointing my focus back to the scouting. 'I'll deal with that problem later.'

That was until a inhuman being suddenly appeared in front of me.

Eyes widening, I used Tetsutetsu's quirk of steel to cross my arms and protect myself from a punch.
Unfortunately I was thrown onto the ground, making me my wings ache.

"Oh? A demon? Or a human?"

A striped arm punched the ground beside my head, making me flinch. Somehow, they created a large crater on the ground beside my head, which made me sweatdrop.

I faced upwards at the culprit, who was looming over me.

"Upper moon three?" I read his eyes, whispering in disbelief.

He squatted down, a large grin on his face. "Correct!"

—————————————————

The fact that I got butterflies writing this 😃💅✨🦋 🗿

ANYWAYS

A shorter chapter, but I do have a present!!

SHEEEEESH

but that's not it.... 😏

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

Why do I do this—