page one

Present day

Present day...

The warm breeze of air coming from the window is making Beomgyu dizzy. It's almost lunchtime, which means it's almost nap time for Beomgyu. But before he dozed off, he felt a ball of paper hit him from behind.

He looked who threw it to him and saw Kai with his left eyebrow raising up. Beomgyu pouted and went back to listening to their subject teacher.

It's already the second semester. Beomgyu kind of glad he survived the first semester. He don't hate Kai scolding him. He's actually glad that he's with Kai. He somehow felt secure, but not as secure with Taehyun.

Taehyun... Beomgyu unconsciously wrote the name at the back of his notes. Realizing he shouldn't have done that, Beomgyu quickly stripped the piece of paper and hid it inside his pocket.

Kai noticed it but he just sighed, thinking Beomgyu is just doing something stupid again just so he could not fall asleep in class.

After the bell rang, Beomgyu streched his arms as he yawned.

"Ah, finally i can slee-" Kai suddenly flicked his forehead. "Ya! What is that for?"

"You're not listening to Mr. Jung earlier. What if you fail the exam? You know how scary he is when he's mad." Kai scolded him but Beomgyu just chuckled.

"You know I never failed any of our subjects. Besides, it's you who failed the last exam. Do you want me to tutor you, Kai Kamal Huening?" he teased him but Kai just avoided his eyes.

"W-well, if you can spare your time today... s-sure." he know he stuttered but he's hoping Beomgyu won't notice it.

But since Beomgyu is a bit dumb, he didn't notice about it.

"Of course! But you have to buy me lunch today" Beomgyu proudly said while giving Kai a mischievous smile.

Kai sighs in relief. Thankfully, i'm still not busted.

Kai and Beomgyu went to the same middle school, and are close friends. Kai knows something happened with Beomgyu in his primary school days but other than that, he don't know anything.

He also developed some feelings towards Beomgyu but still afraid to admit it to him. He's afraid to risk their friendship. He won't risk losing someone important again.

Kai smiled at Beomgyu. "Just lunch? Sure"

"Kai! Beomgyu! What are you guys still doing? Let's go grab some lunch! I'm soooo hungry" Yeonjun shouted from the door. Beside him is Soobin reading a book.

Yeonjun and Soobin are in a relationship and they're 2nd year while Beomgyu and Kai are still first years.

Yeonjun is actually a repeater. He's been repeating school for 2 years.

But last school year, he met Soobin. After realizing he have feelings for him, Yeonjun decided to change himself for the better and for Soobin.

Yeonjun knew Kai and Beomgyu because of Soobin, since he and Kai actually lived in the same neighborhood. That is how Soobin knew Beomgyu, because Kai keep telling Soobin anything him and Beomgyu do everyday.

They heard Yeonjun's tummy growled and they all laughed.

"I told you i'm so hungry! Binnie, that's so embarrassing" and hugged his boyfriend while fake crying.

They all chuckled.

While they're laughing, Beomgyu caught a glimpse of a familiar figure walk past behind Soobin and Yeonjun.

Beomgyu's smile immediately faded and he quickly stood up. The three looked at him confused.

"Taehyun?" he murmured.

Kai heard what Beomgyu murmured as he watch him ran outside the room.

"Yo, Beomgyu where are you going!" Yeonjun called him but Beomgyu disappeared from their sight.

"Soobin, Yeonjun, can you wait us in the canteen?" Kai asked the two and they both nod.

Kai followed the trace of Beomgyu and saw him in the school soccer field with someone he's not familiar with.

---

a/n: Is it really the Taehyun that Beomgyu knew from before? What do you think?