page twenty

3 hours earlier...

Taehyun, together with Hoseok and their mother, are currently eating their dinner. Although the food are delicious, but the atmosphere is not.

They're always like that.

"U-uhm mom you know what? Taehyun got a perfect scores in all of his exams!" Hoseok proudly said but their mother didn't gave him any expression.

"Psh, i knew it." Taehyun stood up from his chair. "I'm done eating"

"Come back here, you rude. You haven't even finished your food and yet you're saying you're already done eating? Where's your manner?!"

"Mom please calm down." Hoseok calmy said. He looked at Taehyun with worry. "Taehyun, please.."

Taehyun clenched his fist. He went back to table but the words his mother said next angered him.

"This is why your father died."

Taehyun slammed the table. Tears starting to fall on his cheeks.

All his life, he's carrying the burden of his father's death. He can't move on with his life, thinking that it's his fault why his father died.

Everyday, his mother always slaps him. Even for a smallest mistake, she will throw her anger at him.

He kept it inside. He didn't said anything, thinking that someday maybe his mother will forgive him. That maybe someday she will see his worth.

But that day never came.

Even after his mother married Hoseok's father, it didn't changed anything.

Taehyun gritted his teeth. "Mom... I don't care if you hated me or if you're blaming me because of father's death."

He's been holding back all this time. But he already reached his limit.

Taehyun lift his face to look at his mother. "But don't blame me for everything unlucky that happened in your life after father died!!! It's your own problem!!!"

Tears not stopping. His mother is also trying to hold back her tears.

"I... i'm just trying to make you happy... to lessen your burden. But how am i supposed to do that when everytime i step forward, you keep pushing me to go back?!" he shouted.

Taehyun took a deep breath. "I can't take staying in this house anymore." and he run to his room, putting all he can in his bag.

"Fine! Leave!" his mother said.

"Mom?!" Hoseok said and he run towards Taehyun. "Taehyun please. You don't have to do this. I-i'll talk to mom. Just... please."

"I'm sorry hyung. I'll just message you when I found a temporary place to stay." Taehyun said.

Hoseok knows that once Taehyun already done deciding, he will no longer take it back.

"If you need help, don't hesitate to talk to me alright? We may not be blood related but i'm still your hyung. I will do my best to give you my support." Hoseok said and he ruffles Taehyun's hair.

"Thanks hyung." and he left their house.

He's been wandering around their neighborhood for an hour when suddenly, rain started to pour.

Realizing he forgot to bring umbrella, Taehyun got soaked in the rain.

He didn't bother at first but it began to rain harder so he ran. He don't know where but he's just running until he saw a familiar apartment building.

Luckily, the gate is open.

He's never been to Beomgyu's apartment but he saw him went on the second floor-first door when he walked him home once.

Right now...

Taehyun told Beomgyu everything that happened.

Beomgyu stopped from drying his hair so he looked at him, but Beomgyu suddenly gave him a hug.

He felt tears on his shoulder so he thought Beomgyu is crying.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know you've been through those hardships. If only... if only I can do something..." Beomgyu's heart is aching.

Taehyun held Beomgyu's shoulders to face him. He sat beside him and wiped its tears.

"You don't have to do anything. I'm thankful enough that you let me in your house. Just you..." Taehyun said, leaning closer to Beomgyu. "...just you is enough"

Beomgyu's eyes widen when Taehyun removed his eyeglasses and closed the gap by kissing him. He closed his eyes, feeling Taehyun's emotion towards him.

Almost losing control, they suddenly heard the whistle from the kettle causing them to stop and go back to their seats.

They looked at each other, embarassed, but they both laughed.

Beomgyu bit his lower lip. "I'll... i'll just prepare some ramen and drinks." he said and Taehyun nods.

Taehyun saw Beomgyu's eyeglass on the table so he called him, "Gyu"

Beomgyu's heart skipped a beat. He heard everyone calling him Beom but no one haven't called him Gyu.

After hearing it from Taehyun, Beomgyu felt butterflies in his stomach. It sounds good.

"Hmm?"

"Your eyeglass, your forgot it"

Beomgyu went back to get his eyeglass.

"By the way, did you said Gyu? M-me?"

"You... don't want it?"

"I-it's not that... i mean... it just sounds c-cute. I like it."

Taehyun smiled at him. "Then i'll call you Gyu from now on. And I want to be the only one calling you that nickname."

---