page twenty-two

"I know. Me too. I used to love you, but it's all in the past... Gyu" Taehyun said.

"Then what about-"

"It's all in the past, but i didn't said my feelings for you is gone now. It's still here, but I love the you right now... and it's greater than what i felt back then." he added because he don't want Beomgyu to misunderstood what he said.

Beomgyu removed Taehyun's arm around him and turns around to face him. He then starts to hit his chest while tears are forming in his eyes.

"You're such an idiot! You scared me!" he buried his face on Taehyun's chest after, while crying. Taehyun caresses Beomgyu's back.

After he calmed down, Beomgyu decided to ask Taehyun about its plan after leaving their house.

Taehyun is unsure himself. But his decision about going back is not from him, but from his mom. He wants to give his mom some time to heal.

The longer he stay at their house, the longer the wound from their past will heal.

"Can I stay here a bit longer?" Taehyun asked him.

"Of course. You don't have to leave. But staying here is not free, you know" he said and Taehyun pats his head, making Beomgyu blush.

"Don't worry, i'm planning to find some part-time job. I will share some of my income for the rent here." Beomgyu was shocked from what he heard.

But he also felt bad. He was just joking when he said staying at his apartment is not free.

"T-that's not what I meant... i mean, you can stay here without minding the rent. You can do household chores instead and just... j-just be with me..." Beomgyu said, pouting but Taehyun smiled at him.

"It's already my plan from the start, so don't feel bad about it." Taehyun said so Beomgyu can't help but just nod.

They both became quiet for awhile, looking for the right words to say.

Beomgyu is just playing with his pen while Taehyun is sitting on the floor, behind Beomgyu.

So this is the feeling of having mutual feelings between you and the person you like. They both thought.

But what will happen next? Beomgyu said in his mind.

The evening passed and it's now morning. The two are already on their way to school.

"You can go home without me. I'll be looking for any part-time job available." Taehyun said before entering the room but Beomgyu held his wrist.

"No. I'll go with you."

"But-"

"No buts. You waited for me yesterday, and i'll do the same." Beomgyu insisted.

Taehyun smiled as he ruffles Beomgyu's hair. "Alright, but don't complain if you get bored"

"As long as i'm with you, i won't get bored..." Beomgyu whispered. Taehyun pretended he didn't heard it but his heart fluttered from what Beomgyu said.

He just don't want to expose himself to Beomgyu. He knows he's weak when it comes to him.

They both went to their own seats. But Kai was left behind them.

He heard everything.

I've seen this coming...

...but it still pains here.

Kai held his chest. He can't do anything. He knows it's his fault for not telling Beomgyu about his feelings.

But Kai still wants to hear all of it from Beomgyu.

He will still hold onto this little hope he have until Beomgyu confirms everything between him and Taehyun.

Kai walks inside the room and sat in his seat. Infront of him is Beomgyu who is busy writing some notes he didn't finish yesterday.

"Oh- Kai! Did you finish this statement? I got distracted yesterday so I didn't heard what the teacher said hehe" Beomgyu told him as he points the incomplete definition.

Beomgyu looks different. His smile is even brighter than before.

Kai showed Beomgyu his usual smile as he nods. He took out his notes and gave it to Beomgyu.

"I knew I can count on you. Thanks Kai! Let me treat you to lunch next time, okay?" Beomgyu taps his shoulder and returns to his seat to finish his notes.

"Beom" Kai called him so he turn to look at him. "Can we... talk after class?"

Kai saw Beomgyu looked Taehyun before giving him an answer.

He knows why. He heard it earlier. Just thinking about everything he heard earlier, pains his chest.

"I have to go somewhere after class but... it's fine. What are we gonna talk about tho?"

"You'll know later." Kai said so Beomgyu pouts.

But Beomgyu noticed something different in Kai's eyes so he somehow felt bothered.

Let's settle everything later. Kai said in his mind.

---