page thirteen

a/n:
again, listen to the video first <3

---

Beomgyu leaned on the chair as his fingers slowly swift on the guitar strings, starting to play the song in his mind.

He actually doesn't have any prepared song. It has been bothering him since earlier of the day. He's cheering Kai, but the truth, it is him who's actually nervous.

Especially now that the crowd grew bigger because of Kai's performance, Beomgyu became more worried.

But then...

He saw a familiar figure, standing on the entrance of the auditorium.

Taehyun...

All of a sudden, it reminds him of the past. The past that only the two of them knows, and the memories they shared together.

A smile curved on his lips.

Beomgyu began strumming the guitar but he never took his eyes off from Taehyun.

they say love and affection are two different things.
you told me last night, sometimes i think so too.

The real reason why Beomgyu wanted to meet Taehyun again isn't only because of thanking him from what he did. There's still one more reason behind it.

winter comes again,
and your heart has gone away.

People swaying from the melody and beat that Beomgyu is creating from the song.

"Hey, so this is the voice you've been keeping from us?" Soobin teased Kai but he just smiled.

"This one is better. His voice became a bit deeper and it fits the song he's singing right now." he explained.

if i look back i see,
that i could always feel you by my side.

stay with me...

knocking on midnight's door,
begging you not to go home.

Taehyun is just quietly watching Beomgyu. He had to admit, he's amazed at the stage presence that Beomgyu is giving to the crowd.

But he doesn't like the song.

It's not because its not beautiful, but because he knew it's a sad song. Each line of the song is hurting him, especially the way Beomgyu delivers the emotions.

As if he's pointing all of it to him.

that season when i cried infront of your eyes,
stay with me.

saying our favorite words,
holding on to our little moment,
i'll never forget how warm it felt...

Beomgyu closes his eyes as he ends the song, reminscing the way Taehyun stared at his eyes that day when they're alone in that empty classroom.

i'll never forget how warm it felt.

And he ended the song with a soft strum as he opened his eyes to look at the crowd with a big smile.

He stood up and bowed. He called everyone who presented and showed their own talent on stage, and everyone gave them a big round of applause.

The day is tiring but Beomgyu and Kai is satisfied with the outcome of their class presentation.

Mr. Jung went to congratulate them for their hard work.

"Good thing we really have a very talented leaders from this class." The teacher mentioned, pointing to Beomgyu and Kai.

They both happily accepted the compliment.

"Although i'm expecting Taehyun will also perform, but I guess he's too shy." Mr. Jung jokingly said. Taehyun just rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, i'm going." Taehyun said as he carries his bag, preparing to leave.

The others did the same and they all left the school. Everyone waved at each other as they went on their own way.

After riding the bus, Taehyun and Beomgyu remained silent. They're sitting next to each other.

"You did great earlier." Taehyun suddenly said while looking at the window, causing Beomgyu to look at him.

Beomgyu felt butterflies in his stomach. He secretly smiled as he thought, that's the only thing i wanna hear from you.

---

a/n:
hope you had fun listening to the song and imagining beomgyu singing it with taehyun ><

i know i'm late to react but we got taegyu selca from taehyun's birthday greeting to gyu!

and let's not forget taehyun's effort of staying awake 'til beomgyu's hour (3:13 AM) just to greet him with rainbow hearts <3