Chapter 1 Backstory pt. 1

Many years ago...

Reiji Reinhart is the son of the Reinhart Family. He is 14 yrs. old.

His Father is one of the professional I.S. scientists in America. He married a female professional I.S. scientist in Japan (Reiji's Mother).

His Father joined one of America's I.S. Manufacturing Company branches. He was tasked to go join Japan's I.S. Manufacturing Company Branch. That is when he met a woman to whom he's attached to.

At that time, the woman of his life became part of his family. Then they decided to wed in Japan. That is when their son is born.

Not only was she a professional I.S. scientist, but she is also a friend of the Orimura Family.

Reiji's Mother told him to go join kendo practice at the Orimura's. So he joined the practice. And he was mentored by none other than Mondo Grasso's I.S. Champion, Chifuyu Orimura.

Two years passed...

Reiji Reinhart is 16 yrs. old.

Reiji had grown to a fine maturing young man. was trained by Chifuyu, whenever she has free time. After several sparring, he quickly developed his battling style.

With that kind of fighting style, he merely surpassed Chifuyu. She believed that for a man like him, he will be her successor.

But Reiji declined the offer. He told Chifuyu that someone from her family should be her successor. This caught Chifuyu surprised. But he would still be her student.

Time after time, Reiji and Chifuyu sparred each other, merely surpassing each other. Which makes them both merely equal.

And elsewhere...

Reiji's Father has been working hard on improving the I.S.'s capabilities. That is when stumbled upon a new stream of data. It contains Reiji's biometrics and his I.S. research. It says that his son is capable of piloting his I.S.

He was fascinated by the new update. That his son has the requirements to pilot am I.S. . He even knows that based on the one particular I.S. article, saying that most females are the only ones capable of I.S. piloting.

He even remembered what his wife told him before they make up. Reiji's Mother, used to pilot an I.S. . Then he comes up with a theory about his son's capabilities.

He thinks that if men wed women who used to be I.S. pilots, their male children will be able to pilot am I.S...

But he even notices something else. If his theory gets out, people all over the world will cause a sudden uproar. They would even start to experiment with the male children, to see if they are capable of I.S. piloting. Making the children be test subjects.

So he decided to keep his theory a secret. Then he copied the file, encrypted it, and transferred it to a highly advanced data drive, which he made for Reiji. He even added a video message, about him and his discovery.

Then he deleted the original data so that no one would steal it, and make the sudden jump of experimenting.

Three years passed...

Reiji Reinhart is 19 yrs. old.

Reiji had finally surpassed Chifuyu. But still, he would visit her from time to time, whenever Ichika it's not around.

There were times that he was there, watching Chifuyu and young Ichika, in plain sight, without notice. He observed their relationship, daughter to brother, or the other way around. From what he can tell, their bond between each other is strong. He even believed that Ichika would surpass Chifuyu even further than him.