Chapter 13: Projects in Equipment and Weaponry pt. 2

Reiji and his two companions are still developing new equipment and weaponry at the moment. Thy were working on their I.S. to see if there are somethings that needed to be calibrated and fixed up, in order for it to act and react swiftly, when something comes up, all too sudden.

They got help from Verda for scanning them, if their are calibrations and functionalities that needed to be changed:
-Reaction Time
-Proximity Sensors
-Fold Out Tweeking
-Swift Weapon Deployment
-Possible patterns for future use
-Algorithm Rein Check
-Full Functionality
etc.

When they were still testing several things from their I.S., Verda came up announcing something.

Verda: Attention, you three. I have detected an anomaly within your I.S. Cores.

Marin: I've heard that the I.S. Cores have a mind of its own. But when we rode ours, there was no problem at all.

Reiji: That is true, Marin. It is all because that the Cores, themselves, has already know that you and Sarah are compatible to pilot the I.S. that I have given, to the both of you.

Sarah and Marin seemed to get the idea that Reiji was stating.

Reiji: So, Verda. What kind of anomaly are you talking about?

Verda: That I cannot confirmed. But I suggest that you would have to link with your I.S. . I may say one small detail, it could be that something is within the I.S. Cores.

Marin: So, we need get in our I.S. , and find the anomaly, not physically, but mentally, inside it?

Verda: In a way, that is the possible solution.

Reiji: I think I found a way to get in the I.S. Cores without mounting in them.

Reiji went to the wall and placed his palm on it.

Only to reveal a hidden compartment, that had an unusual headpiece equipment.

Marin and Sarah were stunned to see that kind of gear, on which they obviously know what it is

Marin: Reiji, is that what I think it is?

Reiji: It is, Marin. An anusphere. This equipment was used back in the line of year 20s. When online gaming find it possible to create an avatar of your own choosing, in an virtual environment.

Sarah: But there was an incident during those years. When the online game was developed by a certain company, many youths and some adults got trapped within it. In the end, those who survived and finished it, were returned back to the real world. But the state that they were in at the time, made a toll on their lifespan.

Marin: As far as I can remember, those who survived, went to back to their real lives. Then another incident happened. Another company stole or leak some of the online gaming data and used it to manipulate a user's mind. When the game found out that something was going on behind-the-scenes, they've arrested those who made the ruckus.