Chapter 5

Cath POV

I sat upstairs, on my bed, feeling sick. We've been here for just over 6 months, and you're not supposed to get adopted out til 3 months. I just don't get it. Why does Wren have to get adopted?! I hate this place... Tears started to roll down my cheeks, as I thought of my life ahead without Wren by my side. Nothing. I heard the door to Wren and I's bedroom, open. Following that, came shuffling over towards me, and sat opposite on Wrens bed. I instantly knew it was Wren. "Cath? May I speak with you?" Her voice was quiet, and calm, but loud enough for myself to hear. I turned away, looking at the blank wall. "Cath please.... I need to tell you something. Its important." Her voice was now stern, and a lot louder. "What is it? I don't want to talk right now." I called out, a little harshly than I had planned. "Okay, but just to let you know, I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon." I was in awe; more shocked than anything. My eyes were now rivers, water running down the given pathway. "WHAT?! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!!! WHY???!!! WHY WREN WHY?! F*cks sAKE." I had never cursed in my life, and I was shocked at myself for doing so just now. "I'm sorry Wren, please forgive me of my bad language. I didn't mean it and-" more tears came running, but I was soon wrapped in a pair of arms. "Sssh, its okay. I'm sorry I have to go tomorrow, but that's what Mrs Goodwin said. I'm sorry I have to go." I took in some deep breaths, and plugged in my music, listening to it quietly.

Liam:
I'm broken, Do you hear me?
I'm blinded, cos you are everything I see.
I'm dancing, alone. I'm praying,
That your heart will just turn around.

As I walk up to your door,
My head turns to face the floor,
Cos I can't look you in the eyes, and say.

All:
When he opens his arms,
And holds you close tonight,
It just won't feel right.
Cos I can love you more than this, yeah.

Harry:
When he lays you down
I might just die inside,
It just won't feel right.
Cos I can love you more than this,
Can love you more than this.

I decided to get up and help Wren pack, since sitting here doing nothing isn't going to help me feel better about her getting adopted before I do. Why does she have to go before I do? Just not fair...

Wren POV

I watched her every move; unravelling the tangled wires, and plugging them into the socket in her phone. I heard faint whispering of the music, and I instantly knew what song it was. I liked the band that sings it: their music and tone are really good, and I can't help but listen to them. Before Cath could play, I tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey cath... Why don't you leave out your headphones, and we listen to it together? While we pack?" Cath nodded. "Yeah... Okay." So that's what she did.

Niall:
If I'm louder,
Would you see me?
Would you lay down,
In my arms and rescue me?
Cos we are, the same.
You save me,
but when you leave its gone again.

Louis:
And then I see you on the street,
In his arms, I get weak.
My body fails,
I'm on my knees, praying.

All:
When he opens his arms,
And holds you close tonight,
It just won't feel right.
Cos I can love you more than this, yeah.

Harry/all:
When he lays you down
I might just die inside,
It just won't feel right.
Cos I can love you more than this, yeah.

Zayn:
I've never had the words to say,
But now I'm asking you to stay,
For a little while, inside, my arms.

And as you close your eyes tonight,
I'll pray that you will see the light,
That's shining from the stars, above.
(And I say)

I stopped the music. "That's what I'll be doing, Cath. Hoping you will wake up everyday, and carry on with life." Cath smiled, and came over to where I was; by the drawers sorting out what I was going to take, and what was going to be left behind for Cath. I some respects, the song relates to the situation we're in. "Cath, is this staying or going?" I asked, holding up one of our favourite tops that we both liked to wear. She sighed. "You can have it if you want.. I don't mind." I knew she was bothered by it. She wanted it. I sighed also, putting it back in the drawer. Cath helped, and put several pairs of jeans and skirts in my suitcase, and back in the drawer for herself.

Liam:
When he opens his arms,
And holds you close tonight,
It just won't feel right.
Cos I can love you more than this,

All:
When he opens his arms,
And holds you close tonight,
It just don't feel right.
Cos I can love you more than this, yeah.

Harry/all:
When he lays you down
I might just die inside,
It just don't feel right.
Cos I can love you more than this,
Can love you more than this.

It took us a good few hours to sort out what we wanted to stay, and what to keep. It was getting late, and we decided to get some rest. "Well... This is my last night here. I'm gonna miss it here." I smiled, and then sighed. "I'm gonna miss you Wren." I nodded. "So am I. Good night Cath.." We reached over to each other, enveloping each other into a hug. "Goodnight sis." And with that, the light went out.