Chapter 1

Cath POV

I jumped out of my dream, only to realise that I was still where I have been since last week. I hate it here. I don't want to be here. The bell rings, and the sound of children running downstairs ran through my ears. Ever since my sister and I moved here, nothing has been easier. I already have an enemy, and no one seems to like me. Wren on the other hand socialises with anyone and everyone. I heard my sister move around in the bed next to mine, and a small drop of feet, as they touch the wooden floor. "Cath, we need to go downstairs, and then get ready for school. Cmon..." Wren said softly. I moaned, and rolled over to the side of my bed she was sitting on. "Don't make me have to drag you out like yesterday...." She warned. I still has scrapes on my back from where she dragged me out yesterday, and encouraged me to go downstairs. I sighed, and pulled away the soft, thick duvet from my small body.

I shivered at the cool breeze gently blowing from the window. Wren saw I was cold, so she shut the window, and pushed me towards the bathroom to get ready. I stripped from the blue and white material, and put on a sky blue blouse, and a black skirt, which hits just above my knees. I sighed, and wandered downstairs into the livingroom with my school bag. I hugged my friend I had made recently. Her name was Mila, and about 18 - similar age to Wren and I. "Goodbye everyone!" Wren called, "See you all later.." I said, under my breath, so hardly anyone heard me. This is my first time going here; to Deezer High. This is where most of us go. Apparently, this school is quite good; but all I've heard from Mila, is that this school is shit, and so is some of the teachers here. I held my breath, walking past some kids smoking in a corner. I shook my head, and hugged my books close to my chest. I walked up to the reception desk with Wren, asking her to do all the talking for us. "Hello! I was wandering if I could get time tables for Wren and Cather Stevens?" The desk lady nodded, passing Wren A4 pieces of paper. "Thanks sis." I said, smiling slightly. This Friday was adoption day, where the centre is open to the public and people can come and look at us, and we could get adopted by someone. Wren is bright, intelligent, and easy to get along with, making it easier for her to get adopted quicker than myself. I know it.

I walked into my class, and stood arkwardly by the door. "Hello!" It was clear the teacher was talking to me, since everyone was sat down; all eyes on me. "You must be the new student in our class. My name is Mrs Williams. Please, take a seat." I looked around for a free seat, which one was located by the window on the left side of the room, next to a rather - cute boy with brown/blonde hair in a quiff style. "What's your name?" The teacher was still talking to me. "Cather.. But Cath is preferred." I said, shyly, getting out my English book I had been given from my mentor at the centre. "Everyone, this is Cath.. Cath, welcome to English." She had a warm smile on her face, and seemed very polite and genuine. "Today class, we're going to be studying a book called I'm the King of The Castle. For homework, I would like you to obtain a copy, since its part of your GCSE English exam." Everyone got out their homework books, as did I, and we wrote in our homework. "Now, please look at the sheet in front of you, and analyse the text and answer the questions accordingly." I nodded, getting straight on with the work.

English was over, and next was up to the library for a free lesson. I followed the map up to the library, and opened the door to many shelved units full of different books, from different eras from the past. My bag slipped off my shoulder, and was placed on a table. I went in search of one of my favourite books I have read: "Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell." Whilst looking for it, I accidentally bumped into someone, causing them to drop everything. I got down on my knees to pick it all up. "Oh!" I gasped, "I'm so sorry, I'm new here and I have no clue where I'm going. Here, let me help you.." I said, picking up some of his books, while he picked up the rest. Our eyes connected, and I soon realised it was that boy who I sat next to in English, just 1/2 an hour ago. "Hey? I remember you... You're name's Cath isn't it? Or Cather?" I nodded. "Yeah, its Cath. I prefer Cath. Hate the name Cather."