Chapter 24

Each breath was painful. Each tiny muscle movement was painful. Each thump of the heartbeat was painful. Each swallow was painful. Alex was losing consciousness and he was losing a lot of blood. That's it... I am gonna die here. Alex thought as he closed his eyes and let darkness claim him.
********
"Let's go!" Wolf barked as they stormed the building they believe Alex was held in. Please be this one. Please be okay cub. Please. Please. Please! This was like a mantra. Repeated over and over again in the heads of K-unit and the other units that came along for the operation. They took out any guards that were in the way and checked every single room. They met up at one single room left that wasn't checked yet. Wolf kicked open the door. What greeted them was horrific. A small battered teen laid on the ground in his pool of blood. He doesn't look like he is breathing...
"Cub!" The medics rushed to him. Snake fumbled to check his pulse. "It's very weak and really spaced out." Snake mumbled as they visually checked his wounds. They all blanched after one look. It wasn't even a long one. It was just a second. Snake swallowed the bile that raised up his throat and looked the wounds. One of his rib bone that had broke penetrated from his skin. It was a horrible sight. "Let's get him out." Snake checked for his pulse again. Nothing. "Shit!!!!!" Snake cursed as he frantically tried to resuscitate Alex. He think he moved a bone deeper into his lung. "Shit. Shit. Shit. He has a punctured lung! Shit."
Snake tried his best to not press it further in. The others watched in horror as they prayed and prayed for Alex to be alright. You have to make it. You have to! You're too young to die!