Chapter 28

"We should go back now." Eagle said, he look nervous and a little on the edge of jumpy. "Why are you so jumpy?" Snake asked, sipping the last bit of his coffee. "I don't know. I have this weird feeling that something bad is going to happen."
"To us?" Fox asked. "No! To Cub!" Eagle exclaimed, making the few people in the cafeteria look at him weirdly. Eagle never gets this jumpy even if he has that feel. Maybe...
"Let's go then!" Wolf said and they immediately took off for the lift or nah. The stairs is WAY faster. When they rushed into the room, Alex was already sitting up. His face was deadly pale and fatigue lined his face. Although, he had a cold expression on. A flash of panic showed through his eyes when k-unit entered. He didn't want K-unit to get hurt!
K-unit don't have their guns with them. Shit! The person had a extremely sharp dagger against Alex's throat. The guy doesn't even look like he is putting any pressure on the knife but a little blood was already dripping down Alex's throat. The guy grinned. "Move and I'll kill him... I was thinking about doing it slowly first. So you know, as much pain as possible." The psychopathic man said. "Ah. Let's start with this." He punched a few buttons on the oxygen machine. It completely started the flow of oxygen. Alex felt it getting harder to breath. He started gasping for air. "You're... An asshole... You know... That?" Alex forced out quietly, gasping for air, bundling the bed sheets in his right fist while his left that was the closest to the man start creeping towards the man. "I know. That's why I'm hired!"
Alex is so close to fainting from the lack of oxygen. He has vocal cord paralysis and he just forced himself to talk, it's getting really painful. The man moved to press the dagger harder against Alex's throat. More blood poured down his throat. Fox's instinct made him move forward, bad move. The man pressed the knife down harder. The warm, sticky liquid started pouring more down. Before the man tries to slide the dagger across his neck, Alex struck one of his pressure points causing him to loose consciousness. The man collapsed on the ground. Alex collapsed onto the bed too, still gasping weakly. He was shaking. Wolf ran to call for a doctor while Fox and Eagle tried to stamp the flow of blood and Snake was getting the machine back up and running. His heart rate was dropping. "Cub? Cub, come on. Stay with us." His pupils dilated and his heart rate dropped really low before he flatlined. Alex stopped moving and that's when the doctors came in. Thank god! They rushed the soldiers out and tried to get Alex's heart to start beating again and stamp the blood flow before wheeling him to the operating theatre. Come on kid. Come on.