Chapter 27

Alex was hooked up to lots of things. Heart monitors, oxygen tank, IV drip, etc. you get what I mean. He was sickly pale. It seems to K-unit that Alex got paler than when they saw him get wheeled out of the operating theatre. Eagle turned away, unable to look at Alex for too long. He fidgeted with the sleeves of his army shirt. He doesn't know what to do. Hell, they don't know what they SHOULD do. It was a question hanging over their heads. They know they have to pray, pray that Alex's condition doesn't worsen. Pray that he will wake up soon. Pray for everything. But what else? What else can they do? Report back to sergeant.
"I'll do it." Wolf said as he took out his phone to call the sergeant's office. They updated him on Alex's condition etc. and Tyler promised to pass down the information to the other units and the students. "Thank you, sir. Good bye sir." Wolf said and Tyler hung up. "Now what?" Eagle asked quietly, breaking the tense and awkward silence. "Now, we wait and get some food. We can't take care of him if we don't take care of ourselves first." Fox said. "Alright then, let's go." Snake said. None of them wanted to leave Alex alone but they knew Fox was right. Someone should guard his room... But nobody knows he's here... But it's just in case... But- oh my god! Stop but-ing! And just leave!
Hell! He'll be just fine! Noooo!! It's a JUST IN CASE, do you not get what the f JUST IN CASE you means??!! Oh my god! Screw this! Just pray that he'll be alright! Pray hard. Very. Very hard.