Chapter 29

"How is he?" Wolf asked once he spotted the doctor. "He's doing alright... Well apart from not being able to talk."
"Can we see him?" Wolf asked almost impatiently. "Yes of course."
They were all anxious to see Alex. How would he look? Is he okay? "Hey." Wolf greeted as he entered and saw a half awake Alex siting on the bed. Alex nodded weakly.
Alex looks like he wants to ask a question. How can they help? K-unit pondered but snapped out of it when Alex was reaching over and the bedside table for that notepad that was just 1 millimetre away from his fingertips. Snake quickly went over to push the notepad towards Alex. He nodded gratefully and scribbled something quickly before sliding it on the table for K-unit to see.
'Are those kiddos alright?'
"Are you joking with me?" Wolf asked, incredulous. Alex sighed, rhetorical much. "They're fine," Wolf grunted, "they're older than you you realise?"
Alex made a face which is saying, 'no shit Sherlock.'
"That kiddo that hated you was praying for you." Eagle pipped in cheerfully. Alex raised an eyebrow signalling for Eagle to elaborate. "Since you saved their lives you know?"
Alex nodded before squeezing his eyes shut tightly as a wave of pain and dizziness hit him. "I think Cub needs his rest now. Let's go." Snake said while pushing the rest of k-unit out. Alex shot him a grateful smile before he promptly fell asleep the next second.
*************
Alex leaned a little on Eagle as he supported him towards the sergeant's office. "Come in!" Alex can hear the sergeant's frustrated bark. They entered the office and all stood at attention, save Cub who wobbled just a tiny bit. "God Cub. Don't try standing on your own!" The sarge said worriedly as he watch Cub almost faceplanted if it wasn't for wolf who was on his other side. "Sorry sir." Cub apologised in a croaky whisper. Tyler cringed from the voice. "Alright Cub now you rest up. No shouting. No talking. No straining activities." Tyler listed and observed Alex's reaction. He wasn't very surprise to see no emotions present on his face. He was waiting for Alex to say something but he didn't. "Why aren't you saying something?"
"Uh, you did say he can't talk." The language instructor standing there said after Alex gestured a bit. "Right. You can but not too much. Leave long explanations to people."
"Yes sir." Alex whispered. "Alright. Get out." It wasn't a stern order, it was a playful one.
Alex smirked slightly and strolled out to only duck back in time from something that came down. If he had still been there, he would have been knocked out by that direct blow to the head. Katie stood there cheekily. Alex rolled his eyes and walked cautiously out. More cautious than usually but no one really notices the difference. "Relax kiddo. I promise no one will attack you." Katie said. "But you didn't promise you wouldn't do the attack yourself."
"That's right." She agreed and did a round house kick. Too bad Alex is way faster than her and way more experienced. He blocked and she is down on the ground in seconds.
"Aww crap. I thought I had you."
"Why are you being so violent to a person that just got his throat slit?" Alex whispered. "Because you are you!"
Alex huffed in amusement as he helped Katie stand.

"Um... Alex?" A voice from his side said. Marcus. "Yes?"
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being mean to you, abusing you, calling you names." Marcus apologised. "It's okay. Apology accepted."
Marcus grinned at his new friend/ acquaintance. The rest of the time at Brecons is gonna be a heck of a fun time since Alex discovered how Eagle and Tom was such good buddies suddenly... Uh... This is bad. Officially. The two of them are official pranksters. Shoot. And they are both hyperactive... Acting like five year olds. Alex face palmed. It's going to be an annoying time as well, ain't it?

****************************************************
This is the end of story! Thank you guys for all your support! I've finally finished the first book I started on Wattpad! Even though I kept writing other stories instead of this! Sorry for the long waits! :)