Chapter 18

"Hurry up! Can't you guys run any faster?!" Wolf barked. "You guys are gonna have a lecture in 5. If you guys are not there by then..." It's an unspoken threat but it was enough. They sped up and ran the last 200m as quickly as they could. "Walk around or your muscles would tense up!" Wolf barked. They entered the lecture classroom. Alex sat there reading a book. Eagle tried to tip Alex's chair over because he was balancing on the hind legs of the chair. Eagle pushed at the chair but Alex jumped on the table and sat on it. He used his legs to pull up chair and flung it towards Eagle. It wasn't hard enough to cause injuries but it hard enough to hurt like a bitch. "Owwww! God dammit, cub! You're so mean!!!" Eagle exclaimed, clutching his hurt arm that he used to block the chair. "You're the one who wants to tip my chair over. It's called self-defence Eagle. Self-defence."
"Serves you right Eagle!" Fox exclaimed as he walked into the room. They started the lesson then headed out for paintball. "Each team would have a different coloured paint ball. We-the instructors-would each get a different coloured paint ball from all of you. Your aim is to not get shot, you can shoot other people of course. We would also be participating. Getting shot will have a consequence, it is important that you expect the unexpected and BE AWARE of your surroundings. Get from here to the finish line, the finish line is marked on the maps provided." Alex said as he handed guns out. "How-"
"I assume you guys have been paying attention in the class about how to use a gun. It works the same way as a paintball gun." Most of them gave an 'oh shit' face. Alex inwardly smirked as he caught their expressions. He knew that they weren't paying any attention in class as he was the one conducting the class, they would not listen to some kid that is younger than them. The insane 4 grinned, they listened in class and knew exactly how to operate a paintball gun. "Alright! Ready, get set, GO!!!" Wolf exclaimed. The teams all started towards the forested area.
Alex climbed a tree and used the skills taught in Scorpia, jumping tree to tree without getting detected or falling to their deaths. He reached a group and observed. They were all fiddling with their guns and not paying attention to their surroundings. "How the f* do you operate this thing?!"
"I bet that Cub asshole is doing this on purpose. He knew we weren't paying attention in that f*ing class."
Alex inwardly smirked as he cocked the gun towards them and pulled the trigger. "Hey! I thought we had a deal!"
Another shot. "Hey! Who the f* is it? It wasn't me who f*ing shot you!" They are so oblivious... It's not the same coloured paintball as their team's. Alex thought as he continued shooting the rest of the team members one after another, without aiming. Then he moved silently with the surrounding noises to blend in. He spotted two other groups. A group is resting, not aware of what's happening around them, another one is approaching them. The group approaching were the insane 4. Alex smiled as he watched them. They surrounded them one on each cardinal point. They aimed carefully and shot. Multiple times, sometimes they missed the target but that's okay, they aren't experienced soldiers but at least the paintballs found their targets, none fatal though. Alex cocked his gun and fired at their vital spots, 'killing' them.
*******
"You guys all failed the exercise! Only one team passed! That's k-unit's team!" Wolf barked. "So now! Let's see who shot who! Only k-unit's team, which is red, and us instructors open fire from what I can see." Wolf said. "Who's paintball is coloured gold?" A student asked. Alex smirked slightly and raised a hand. "That's so cool!! He shot almost all of us, in the heart." A girl praised, thinking that if she complimented Alex, he would fall for her. The rest was batting their eyelashes to flirt. "Alright. The ones that failed, mess hall cleaning for one week!" Wolf barked and dismissed them.
"What's next?" Kate asked. "Getting lost in the forest is really scary." Alex hinted them. "Especially if there are wild boar, poisonous snakes and many more." Fox said in a really evil tone. "And no guidance from us." Snake said. "But what about us?" Tom asked. "We'll help you guys along the way. Only they don't get any help." Wolf said. They grinned at each other, excited about the plan.