Chapter 20

"OH MY GOD!!!!! There's a freaking spider in my tent!!!!!" A girl's screeched in the middle of the night, waking k-unit up. They all face-palmed. "Goddammit. I don't think we'll ever get enough sleep..." Eagle grumbled. They fell asleep awhile later but was woken up by another scream. Alex suddenly got up. "Where are you going?"

"Check on them." Alex said simply before walking away. Even though they are mean to him, he still cares and never shout at them unnecessarly. Alex climbed a tree and moved from tree to tree to each of the student's camp site. He saw people making out. "Aren't you guys suppose to be sleeping?" Alex asked. They jumped away from each other. "What f* are you doing here, brat?" The guy, Mark, spat. "Lets sleep. He is right. We need it for tomorrow. " The girl said, trying to flirt with Alex without the boy noticing. "Now you're listening to that brat."

"No babe. Think about it, we need strength tomorrow to trek and finish this by the deadline right?" Mark considered for a while before saying, "You're right..." Alex left sliently to check on the other teams. He arrived at a group which was all crying together. "Why are you guys crying?" Alex asked. He suddenly appeared, scaring them all so they screamed. "Relax!! Its just me!!" Alex said, trying to calm them. They calmed down and invited Alex to sit with them which surprised him. "I thought you guys hated me."

"None of us did, only Mark does. He made us pretend to hate you or we'll be in trouble. All of us admire you because you're so young but so smart. Mark hates you because of the exact reasons." A boy said. "Okay... So why are you guys crying?"

"Its scary here." A girl sobbed out and her boyfriend hugged her closer. Alex took out a pack of chocolate he kept with him and offered it to them, they each took one. "I'll tell you guys a story if you guys are willing to listen?" Alex asked and they nodding eagerly. They all hoped it would be one of his missions or any of his adventures. " When i was younger and my uncle was still alive, he would take me out on this type of things. We would go canoeing, scuba diving, camping etc. I was only so young, i had no idea why he brought me on this things but it was fun and i loved it because they're like my hobbies. Then i found out he was training me. Anyways one time, when we were out camping, it was my first time, i was so scared. I cried and my uncle comforted me. He told me to treat this as a learning experience. Theres nothing to be scare of because he was there. He was there for me but I have to do myself in the future. " Alex said, " So you guys shouldn't be scared. I am here for you guys. Treat this as an learning experience so if you guys are ever in this situation you guys know what to do."

They all stopped crying by then and had a determined and admiration look on their faces. "Okay." they said. "Good. Now go get some sleep, you'll need it tomorrow." Alex said and they did. Alex left to check on the others. The insane 4 are sound asleep. When he got back, his unit are asleep too. He smiled slightly before going to sleep himself. Little did he know that his unit heard his story and was really proud of him that he was so caring. They were all wishing he wasn't dragged into the epionage world and wasn't so mature for his age. But if he wasn't they wouldn't have met such a selfless and amazing person.