4

I leaned against the wall of the train as me and Four had to take the initiates on a little field trip. I was playing with my butterfly knife watching the view out of the train doors.

"Feeling okay there?" Big nose asked the stiff. " or are you feeling a bit stiff." Big nose, molly the girl who looks like a dude and drew laugh.

"Would y'all shut your asses up? Or do me and four have to hear y'all bicker and bitch the whole way to the Fucking fence." I was getting really annoyed with these kids.

They all fell quiet and I hum softly playing with the knife again before a girl breaks my quiet place I just made.

"Where are we going?"

"If you heard her she said the fence, it's a gate that goes to around the city." Four spoke the girl turned to four and asked another question.

"Why are we going there?"

"Just hush up will ya? Your Erudite is showing." The girl went quiet as I roll my eyes muttering under my breath. "I've had enough from an erudite for a week.." Four just let's our a soft chuckle I looked at him with a smile.

"Oh shut it."The train soon slows down and Four and I jump out first before all the initiates follow suit.

Me and Four walked side by side "follow us." The fence is chained linked, with barbed wire strung along the top. Guarding it are dauntless, with guns. We get to the gate and four speaks.

"If you don't rank in the top five at the end of initiation you will probably end up here. Once you are a fence guard there is some potential for advancement, but not so much. You may be able to go on patrols beyond Amity's farms but-" he was cut off by some kid and that pissed me off the disrespect these kids have.

" patrols for what purpose?"

" I suppose you figure that out when you become one of them" I answered quickly glaring at the boy.

"As I was saying.. for the most part, those who will guard the fence when they are younge will continue to guard the fence. If it comforts you some of them even say it's not that bad as it seems." Four continued.

"What rank where you two." Big nose asked.

"First." The both of us spoke as the same time like twins.

"How?"

"We where in different years. He was in the year before me."

"And you choose to do this?" Big nose eyes go wide. "Why didn't you choose a government job."

"He didn't want one, and I was forced to work with you twats." I saw four smirk from the corner of my eye.

"Is it true that you killed two people in your year to keep your rank?" I stiffened at this question I saw Fours eyes go wide. I put on a cold glare looking at the group. They all watched me carefully. "And is it true your from Amity?"

"Where I am from is in the past. It's a grain of sand in the sea. Long gone. I'm a dauntless leader. I am dauntless." I state calmly watching them carefully. I ignored the other question as they didn't need to know if I did or didn't kill someone in my year.

With that I turned away leaving the group not caring letting Four deal with them as they stood quietly. I was the first one on and off the train. I walked past Eric who looked at my confused. I just went to set up the knives.

|~~~|~~~|~~~|

I was walking to my shared apartment when I felt a cold hand on my shoulder I tensed and turned around.

"Holly shit! Max jump in a fire! Your cold!" The male chuckles.

"Good to see you too Koa, your apartment is done by the way. Also I would like you to find Coulter and bring him to the meeting."

"Yes sir. Thank you." He nods walking off. I head into the apartment looking around for Eric. I didn't see him there so I quickly packed my clothes and things heading to my apartment.

When I got there I smiled placing my bag down. I took a quick tore of the place. It was just my type.

I was now in the dinning hall. "Oi! Number boy where's the asshole!?" I called over to him.

"I don't know haven't seen him." I nod heading out looking for him. Dauntless was huge and I never realized it till I was looking for him.

I felt so lost. I was starting to get annoyed. I choose to head to the meeting when I heard skin hitting leather. I turned into the training room and saw him.

He was standing there punching the bag sweat dripped down his perfect skin. Making him look glowey. His muscles where flex he was shirtless.

My breath got cought in my throat as I watch him. Gosh he was a sculpted god. I shook my head and cleared my throat.

"Little dove. What brings you here?" He looked over I made my way over with a soft shrug.

"What I can't watch the mighty dauntless leader work out?" I teased he came closer I stood my ground. My heart racing. He leaned down closer to me.

"Hmm why watch when you can join."

"What?" With that I was brought to the floor I groan in pain slightly not expecting that. He chuckles. I stood up getting ready to spar.

He made the first move I ducked and moved forward punching his ribs moving away from him he was quicker then I thought.

His arms wrapped around me throwing me over his shoulder. My body soon met the mat. I cough in pain.

He quickly grabbed my throat holding me down, my legs where up by his shoulders I quickly move grabbing his elbows and digging my feet into his hips before using my force to do a overhead sweep.

I mount him pinning him down before pinning his hands over his head. "Never thought you would be a top. But hey ain't complaining."

I blush lightly laughing getting off him. "Shut up Coulter. Come on we are late for the meeting."

"Shit Koa why didn't you tell me there was a meeting in the first place." He said quickly grabbing his shirt and we both made our way to the meeting.

"Oh and miss out on the perfect opportunity to put you on your ass yea right." He shoved me and I almost hit the wall I glare at him as he smirks at me.