4

I hardly could sleep last night the feeling of being watched kept me awake. And when I would doze off the flashes of my brothers death or seeing Eric dying kept waking me up.

"Good morning. I see you still wake up early mornings." I heard my mother's voice I didn't dare turn around.

"Dont act like you know me. Cause you don't." I turned looking at her she sighs looking at me.

"Dal- Koa you know what I did was for my best interest." I laugh looking at her.

"Best interest?! Leaving a nine year old with a 6 month old! That's your best interest?!" I glared at her.

"You had your father." I snapped. Yelling not caring if anyone woke up due to me or if anyone was listening.

"My father?! MY FATHER BECAME A DRUNK! He became abusive! He used me! As Erudite's lab rat!" My mother looked confused.

"No he wouldn't." I scoff taking off my shirt showing the large scars on my back.

"Explain this then Bitch?!" I turned and showed her the large scar on my lower stomach. "Explain this one! I was 10! I was ten damn years old! Being abused on the daily! Tested on the weekly! Taking care of a child! That wasn't even mine! And my fucked up father! AT THE AGE OF FUCKING NINE! SO DONT ACT LIKE WHAT YOU DID WAS ALL GREAT AND FUCKING DANDY!"

I shoved my shirt back on grabbing my bag and a gun storming out of the room I was fuming. I wanted to kill her right then and there but no I'll let her suffer thinking of all the things he did to me.

I saw Four and tris they looked at me confused. "Let's go. I'm tired of this damn place."

"I'm not going." I heard Tris brother speak I looked at four and he nods his head knowing I was pissed off. I nod back walking.

I'm not sure what happened but soon tris and four where coming and arguing. I understand her stress.. honestly I do but she shows more emotion. I don't. I was made to mask it show none.

|~~~|~~~|~~~|

When we got to candor and we see the group of true dauntless members. "We found them." Four smiled I nod walking in.

"Damn, it's good to see you guys." Uriah smiles seeing us. I nod my head gently to the kid. He is Zekes younger brother.

"How are you, Uriah?" Four smiled at the kid.

"I'm better now. I'm not exactly good for laying low." I smile a bit.

"Tris!"

"Christina!" The two embraced each other then I saw a tall male make his way through the crowd.

"ZANDER!" I dropped everything running and jumping into the males arms hugging him tightly.

"KOA!" He wrapped his arms around me hugging me tightly. He was like the big brother I never had. He put me down smiling at me. "It's good to see you again."

"Right back at cha!" I punched his shoulder with a smile on my face.

"How many Dauntless do we have?" I turned to Tori.

"Hundred and seventy-five total." Me and four looked shocked.

"Hundred and seventy-five? That's it?" Four said in disbelief.

"The rest followed Max. Not near the numbers we need." I grumble and shake my head replying.

"No."Candor guards suddenly apprehend us, Four and Tris draw their guns out I also draw mine out just in case.

"Hold it! Grab their guns!" A candor Guard spoke.

"Hey, they're with us." Tori defends us quickly.

"We know who you are. Last warning: Drop your guns." he places his gun on the back of Tris's head. I scoff knowing four will do anything for tris.

"It's not with it. Just drop them." I spoke tossing mine to the ground. Four and tries follow suit. The Candor guards grab hold of Our hands. I squirm a bit hating to be restrained.

"Easy." Four spoke the guards tie our hands and take us to the Candor leader Jack Kang.

"I'm Jack Kang, I'm leadership here." He spoke calmly.

"Yeah, we know who you are. We're not a threat to Candor." I try to keep my calm as I already had enough shit for the day.

"That might be your truth, it's not necessarily mine. All I know for certain is you are wanted for criminal insurgency and conspiring in the attack on Abnegation." I laugh shaking my head.

"Course she would say that shit about us." I comment before Tris spoke.

"Those are lies."

"If you were Candor I would take you at your word. Unfortunately given the circumstances I'm obliged to hand you over to the council. You can make your case there."

"You might as well just kill us now. If Jeanine finds us, we're not gonna live to stand trial." I spoke calmly looking at him.

"I doubt that very much. She would never supersede the council." I break out laughing they all looked at me like I'm crazy. I calm myself before speaking.

"Sure about that? Who's gonna stop her? You? Yeah right.."

"Factional law must be upheld." Kang indicates for his guards to take us away.

"No. Wait, wait, wait. Can I ask you one question?"the guard holding him makes him kneel.

"Can I ask you one question? Jeanine believes that Erudite are the most fit to govern because they are the smartest. You believe Candor is most fittest to judge because you are so honest?" Four has a point. I looked at him and try to think what he was thinking.

"I admit, I do hold that belief."

"Then, would you say a trial held here at Candor would be inherently more fair than a trial held by Erudite?" He lifted a brow looking at Kang.

"The answer is yes. In my opinion a Candor trial would have the greatest chance of achieving true justice. So you are asking me to petition the council to grant Candor sole judiciary power?"

"So why not hold the trial here you have the truth Syrem here. Inject us, and put us in trial." Four spoke. Kang ponders the idea.

"Four!" Tris yells I glared at her, what is she hiding.

"If we're guilty, we'll surrender to the council, alright? If not, you've just saved two lives. And made some loyal allies." Four spoke. He was smart for a stiff.

"Alright. But you should know the serum can be quite brutal. It was designed for Candor applicants who are already predisposed to honesty. Not everyone finds it so easy to share their secrets." He warns before we are lead away.