17

It was dark out I was on the roof tops of the apartments, I climbed down on one of the balconies I knocked on the window. I soon saw a figure walk over and another figure.

"Koa?" Four spoke confused I shushed him and pushed past him.

"Great the stiffs here... shit okay anyways I don't have time." I get straight to the point. The stiff was about to ask a question and I glared at her. " I don't have time for questions. Okay so I crashed the meeting as planned but my dad is hiding something. He could be working for Janine."

"What? Why?"

"Long story short my father wouldn't care if I died? Anyways! I'm in hiding, but make sure they don't find your girlfriend. Yes she's divergent that's why Janine has been so interested in her. And from being a stiff doesn't help her case." I explained quickly.

"So what are you gonna do?" Tris asked looking between me and four.

"I'm going to my brother to find out what my father is hiding." I soon heard footsteps outside fours apartment. "I gotta go but no one better find out I was here cause you two would be as good as dead."

They nod at my words and I run out the window climbing the building making my way to my apartment. I snuck in through one of the windows and I realized one of my lights where on. "Shit.." I stayed low to the ground as I heard movement.

"Where is she."

My eyes widen it was Eric. He was in my apartment. Shit shit I gotta leave. I look for a way out but I heard his footsteps I quickly roll under my bed laying flat on the ground.

I heard him mumble some things I can't make out. I soon saw his boots by my bed. I cover my mouth.

"Hmm..." he turned away walking I heard the door shut and I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

I roll out from under the bed and get up looking around I went to climb out the window till I was grabbed. I almost screamed, was thrown onto the bed I opened my eyes my heart racing.

I saw Eric standing there. "Found you little dove." I scoffed.

"What do you want Coulter." I hissed putting space between us standing on the other side of the bed watching him carefully. He was on the side of the window that was my only way out without being seen.

"You pulled quite a stunt back there and you think I wasn't gonna find you?" He smirked I looked around the room for a way out.

"Stop being so tense little dove I'm not gonna snitch on you even though Max and Janine are looking for you."

"Your not gonna tell max? I though you wanted to be his lap dog. And I'm shocked your not telling your little girlfriend." I crossed my arm popping out my hip with a huff. Eric's gaze hardens sending a shiver down my spine.

"I'm not Max lap dog. I'm only acting like it so I can be the next leader." Eric started to move closer to me and I didnt move back yet. "And Janine isn't my girlfriend, but the way you say it makes you seem jealous." He watches me like I'm his prey. I looked around the room starting to back up as he was in front of me.

"I'm Not jealous." I said through gritted teeth. I soon hit the wall I went to run for it but Eric slammed his hands on each side of my head, his eyes where trying to surch mine but I kept looking anywhere but him. And that was unlike me as I used to always hold his eye contact.

"Are you sure little dove?" He got closer, "you sure you aren't jealous?"

"I'm. Not jealous Coulter." I huff still not looking at him he grabs my chin forcing me to look at him. I tried to look anywhere else.

"Look at me little dove." He spoke calmly why was he so calm? I slowly look at him not able to disobey the order. "Now look me in the eyes and tell me your not jealous."

His blue eyes where throwing ice shards at me keeping me frozen in place. He had a smirk on his face. I lick and bite my lower lip nervously, his eyes go down to my lips as he took a deep breath. He moved closer his lips just inches away from mine.

"Tell me." His eyes meet mine as I felt his breath tickling my lips. I didn't wanna seem desperate for his touch.

"I'm. Not. Jealous." I said through gritted teeth. He chuckles darkly.

"Your lying." I was confused how he could see right through the lie I usually really good at lying. "Your body tenses ever so slightly when you lie. Only when you really pay close attention you can see it."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "So let's try this again." His hand was still holding my chin to look at him. "Are you Jealous."

"Yes..." I close my eyes as I whispered it hitting my lip hard. The warmth once in front of me gone. I opened my eyes to see Eric backed up.

"Okay."

"Okay?" I looked at him confused.

"You better get going before someone comes in here, also close the window on your way out." I was so confused but I didn't question it I left grabbing the bag I needed, and shutting the window behind me.

My cheeks where burning I couldn't believe him. He made me confess I was jealous and then nothing?! Ugh! He's so confusing!! Koa focus, fund Luka he has info, on father.

I took a deep breath getting myself on track before running to the train to head to Erudite.