Nicknames

Everleigh
"I am so glad that it's Saturday. School is exhausting." James tells Lily and I on the way to the great hall for breakfast.

"Do you even do the school work or do you mean pulling pranks is exhausting?" Lily asks.

"Oh fuck off Evans." James snaps. "Not all of us are good at school and like it."

"I'm just joking around Potter." Lily teases. "I didn't know you were so sensitive."

"You two argue a lot." I add.

"That wasn't arguing." James says.

"Yeah, when we do argue, you will know." Lily adds.

"Great." I mumble.

Sirius and Remus catch up to us and James starts talking with them. They're still ignoring me.

"I have so much homework to do this weekend." Sirius says to James.

"Me too." James adds.

"Maybe if you two did your work through out the week, you wouldn't have nearly as much homework to do on the weekends." Remus says to them.

"You sound like Evans." James says to Remus.

"At least she's smart enough to know that." Remus adds. "You two should really listen to her sometimes."

"See, I told you guys to listen to me but you never do." Lily says.

I notice Regulus turning into the hallway we are in and I smile. They might not want me to join in the conversation and maybe they want to pretend i'm not here but at least he won't.

I watch as he gets closer to us and I can't take my eyes off of him.

"Hey Hufflepuff." He says with a smile when he's close enough.

"Hey Slytherin." I reply with a smile.

"We're still on for later right?" He asks me.

"Yeah of course, see you later." I reply.

"Later Hufflepuff."

-

Sirius
Remus and I walk over to James and Lily but of course Everleigh was with them. She's always with them.

"I have so much homework to do this weekend." I say to James, ignoring Everleigh and not caring if they were in the middle of a conversation.

"Me too." James added.

"Maybe if you two did your work through out the week, you wouldn't have nearly as much homework to do on the weekends." Remus says to us.

"You sound like Evans." James says to Remus.

"At least she's smart enough to know that." Remus adds. "You two should really listen to her sometimes."

"See, I told you guys to listen to me but you never do." Lily adds.

I notice that Everleigh isn't even listening to us anymore. She seems completely fine that i'm not talking to her. I follow her eyes to see where she's looking and see she's watching Regulus and he's walking towards us.

Fucking perfect. Of course she'd be more interested in my brother than people she used to call her friends.

The closer he gets, the bigger her smile gets and to make it worse he's smiling at her too.

"Hey Hufflepuff." Regulus says to Everleigh.

"Hey Slytherin." She replies to him. Both of them smiling. Everyone else stops talking and watches this too. James keeps looking at me to see what i'm thinking but right now i'm busy watching these two. Is this some kind of show they planned? Are they trying to piss me off?