Decisions In The Morning

Everleigh
My eyes open the next morning to a whole different scenery than I'm used to. Instead of beautiful yellow curtains around my bed, they're emerald green and instead of being alone in my bed, I'm laying on Regulus' chest in his room.

I stayed the night? I don't even remember falling asleep.

Slowly, I move off of him and see that he's still passed out. Probably for the best. Last night got a little heavy with all of his family shit.

I crawl out of the bed to go to the bathroom but I'm only wearing some of his sweatpants and my bra and it's a little chilly in here so I look around the room and find the sweater he was wearing yesterday on the ground and put it on.

His bathroom was surprisingly very organized. There were two towels on the back of the door and his tooth brush and tooth paste neatly on the counter. I don't know why, but I was actually surprised at it being clean. Mostly because James' bathroom is the exact opposite. I've only been in the Gryffindor common room a few times and it's very different from Slytherin's. James and Regulus have different styles too. Reggie's room is neat... besides the mess we made last night... and James' room is... well it's very James. He has shit everywhere but it's almost an organized mess.

I go back into Regulus' room to find him standing by the side of his bed looking for something. He turns around and smiles at me. He's not wearing a shirt and he's wearing another pair of his sweat pants.

I could get used to waking up like this.

"I was looking for that sweater." He says to me before crossing the room and hugging me.

"You want it back?" I ask.

"No, it looks better on you." He kisses the top of my head.

It's Thursday today so we have classes but we also have to talk about tomorrow and whether we're going to tell the others or not.

But for right now... I just want to be here. In this moment.

"We could skip the astronomy tower this morning and read in bed." Reggie mumbles as he runs his fingers through my hair.

"I'd like that."

"It'll be easier to get you out of here if we wait too."

"The astronomy tower won't miss us for one day." I mumble.

"Do you have the book?"

"No. It's- it's in the tower."

"Go pick one off of my shelf and come back to bed." He says in his morning voice.

"I could get used to waking up like this." I tell him.

He leans down and kisses me before mumbling "me too."

His book shelf was full of different kinds of books, not just books from the Wizarding world but also muggle books.

Romance, fantasy, horror, and even non-fiction ones.

I pick one of the muggle romance books that I used to read when I was younger and jump back into bed beside Reggie, who already made himself comfy. The book was pretty worn out and it looked like he'd had it for years but it'll work. I hand him the book and he smiles.

"I used to read this book when I was younger. It was one of my favourites." he admits. Opening the book, there were tally marks on the first page. "I would tally every time I finished it."

"It was one of my favouries too." I say. "I didn't know you were a romantic."

"Surprise." he whispers.

-

Lily
I woke up to the sound of something tapping at my window. I look over to the window and see a very familiar owl hoovering there.

What is his owl doing here...?

I forcefully roll out of bed and move towards the window to let it in. The bird nudges my arm after I take the letter from him to get me to pet him. He's familiar with me and I'm not going to lie, I miss him. He's a really good bird.

"What could he want from me?" I ask the bird as I give him a treat. I have a few left over from when Severus and I used to write to each other.

The owl takes the treat and sits down on the perch I have set up for him to eat it. I look at the piece of parchment that's in my hand for a moment, trying to decide what to do. Severus really hurt me but I do miss him. At one time he was my best friend, we were so close.

I sigh before tearing the envelope and take the note out of it. My name is written on the envelope and I gently run my fingers over the writing. His hand writing is so neat and beautiful, it always has been.

-

Lily,
I've been trying to get in touch with you for days but every time I try, you ignore me or you're with your friends and boyfriend. I don't blame you for ignoring me but I want to apologize to you. I know it's over due but I need to do it. I miss you Evans.

I'll be in the astronomy tower after dinner. If you are willing to hear me out, please come up and we can talk.

If you do not come, I will understand... but know I would like to make things right between us.

Severus.

-

He wants to meet me and apologize? Now?

Part of me wants to go and the other part doesn't. James doesn't trust him and I don't blame him... we were best friends and then he turned on me and began calling me horrible names.

But the other part of me wants to be friends with him again. Or at least hear him out. He was mad... and he just wants to explain things to me. That can't be a bad thing... to want to hear him out.

Maybe I'll talk to James before deciding. He would want to know about this and he could help me decide what to do.

I don't want to keep secrets from James.. I just hope he doesn't over react. I hope he will just trust me if I do decide to hear Severus out.. James is my boyfriend but Sev was once my best friend.